Muslim Aid is an international relief and development agency based in London
with 21 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified
life for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are
currently operating in more than 60 countries. Our vision is a world of
peace, compassion and justice where all people achieve fulfillment in all
aspects of their lives.
Muslim Aid Yogyakarta Sub Field Office is looking for a highly experienced
individual to fill this vacancy of Accountant who will be support the MAI
Yogyakarta Coordinator in all related financial functions and ensure timely
and accurate financial reporting to stakeholders. The Accountant will report
directly to the Yogyakarta Coordinator on a daily basis. The Accountant is
part of the management structure of the MA Yogyakarta team, and supervises
staff responsible for administrative functions particularly.
Duty Station : Yogyakarta
Starting Date: Commencing immediately on 6 July 2009, full time
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct Financial Management:
1. Assist the Regional Coordinator to prepare payment requests,
including reviewing/calculating/clarifying/collecting necessary supporting
documents needed for the process;
2. Assist the Yogyakarta Coordinator to prepare and disseminate all
monthly financial reports from detailed financial statements and other
sources; develop and prepare other reports as requested; prepare analysis of
expenditures and revenue on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
3. Preparation of project budgets and periodic project financial
reports for both MA and external donor-funded projects
4. Assist the Coordinator to prepare reconciliation report and
necessary adjustments relating to expenditure and budget;
5. Supervising petty cash and bank accounts management, including
replenishment and bank reconciliation;
6. Handle all taxation matters;
7. Input expenditures into accounting system;
8. Record advances and settlements;
9. Support Field Office in preparing data for Headquarters;
10. Communicate with Finance Field Office (Banda Aceh) regarding
financial matters, including direct reporting of any control & compliance
issues of concern.
11. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described.
1. Oversee administrative support staff, delegating from the above task
list to them as appropriate, especially re data inputting.
2. Coordinate the Human Resource management functions of the office in
liaison with the Coordinator, and delegation to admin support staff when
3. Oversight of the Micro-Finance data base, and provision of financial
advice on micro-finance projects’ performance.
Qualification & Experience
University or master degree of financial background or related field.
Successful experience in Senior position minimum 5 years at Accountant
Public Firm and familiar managing programmes funded by institutional donors.
Proven experience of analyzing, Internal audit, report writing, effective
coordination in financial scope, work experience in multi cultural
Have excellent English speaking and writing skills, Achenese speaking would
be an asset; Strong coordination and negotiation skills with stakeholders;
Positive approach to problem solving; Able to engender credibility,
confidence and respectability; and a focus on results, balanced with a
sensitive and honest approach to people; Good written and oral communication
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration with
a recognized professional certificate in accounting (
- Minimal 3 years experience in finance and accounting areas;
- Good familiarity with MAI (or similar international organization)
rules and regulations;
- Experience in financial planning, monitoring, evaluation and
- Has a good communication and interpersonal skill;
- Ability to write and speak in English and Bahasa Indonesia fluently;
- Have a good knowledge of computer applications such as Windows, MS
- Excellent administration and organizational skills.
- Excellent accounting, budgeting and auditing skills.
- Flexible,able to multi-task and work well in under pressure as a
team player in a multicultural environment
- Willing to work in non-discriminating, neutral, impartial and
- Willing to work with flexible working hours if needed.
Applicants should submit a cover letter stating current and expected
salaries, updated CV (including at least three references with contact
information) as attachment (not exceed 200 KB) to HYPERLINK
"mailto:hrdmuslimaidyogya%40gmail.com"firstname.lastname@example.org and cc’ed
to HYPERLINK "mailto:email@example.com"firstname.lastname@example.org or should be
addressed to: Human Resource Department, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta, Jl. Lowanu
MG III/1361 Yogyakarta.
Quoting the position applied as the subject of the e-mail. For Example :
Accountant position, Subject must be: [ACC] Your Name
Deadline for application on 1 July 2009
No phone calls. “ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Muslim Aid is an equal opportunities employer