The International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is looking for a candidate to fill the post of :
Position : Senior Procurement Officer
Based of Assignment : Banda Aceh
No. of Hired : 1 person
Type of Contract : Fixed Term
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To follow the Federation standard procurement practices and keep records to
fulfill audit trail standard.
- To obtain no less than three quotations, prepare a Comparative Bid Analysis and
recommendations, with all information being systematically recorded in Purchase
Committee minutes where appropriate.
- To liaise with the Procurement Coordinator for major procurement in Banda Aceh andregionsandpartic ularlyfor PNSs.
- Withappropriate authorization execute the purchase of appropriate supplies and arrange delivery in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To liaise and coordinate with the relevant offices/departments /functions regarding
delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
- To identity and maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and keep informed of local market conditions.
- To establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with suppliers
and inspection companies.
- To prepare monthly procurement report and payment forecast for Banda Aceh.
- Through extensive travel and market investigation ensure that all purchased goods are of the Federation standard and fit for the purpose, and have appropriate inspection certificates as required.
- To liase with international, governmental and non-governmental organizations and
collaborate where appropriate.
- To support, train and develop Delegates, Local Staff and National Society staff as required.
- To produce regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports for the
Federation and donors
Qualification, Experiences and competencies:
- University level in commercial studies or equivalent
- Good experience in managing people
- Have an ability in problems solver
- Have a Red Cross Red Crescent experience is preferable
- Have experience in related field for minimum 3 years
- Have experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Good computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Good health condition
- Coordination and networking skills
- Self motivation and pro-activity
- Commitment to the international red cross and red crescent movement; integrity & personal conduct
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae,
supporting documents and salary expectation at the latest on Tuesday June 30,
2009 at 5 PM to IFRC HR Unit:
Email: acheh.loker@ ifrc.org or to:
Jalan Ajun Jeumpiet No. 18B, Desa Ajun Jeumpiet, Kec. Darul Imarah, Aceh Besar 23353
Please write the position and based as email subject or write it at the left corner of