An NGO-managed education program operating in seven provinces in Indonesia seeks qualified candidates based in Jakarta Office for the following vacant position:
the Contracts Officer will support and report to the in the area of contracts oversight and management. The Contracts Officer will work closely with the DBE 2 technical and finance teams to develop appropriate contracting mechanisms for the implementation of project activities by local partners. The Contracts Officers will also ensure that scopes of work, timelines, and payment schedules developed for various activities are clear, specific, and sufficiently detailed to enable effective implementation and management of project activities. The Contracts Officer will monitor subcontractor activities and performance of deliverables. This position will help bridge the activities of the finance and technical teams, allowing for greater clarity in planning and implementation of program initiatives. The position requires periodic travel to DBE 2 provinces and project sites.
- Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, supervise all contracting, subcontracting, and vendor agreements, in coordination with the Finance Department and Home Office.
- Assist in establishing systems and procedures for contracts activities, as required.
- Work with the Grants Manager to coordinate grants under contract activities, and provide guidance on all compliance-related issues.
- With the Operations Manager, review all subcontract/ task order proposals for contractual consistency, accuracy and compliance with USAID regulations.
- At the request of the Operations Manager, carry out the subcontract/ vendor agreement development process, ensuring that all contractual mechanisms are being fully executed and modified in a timely manner.
- Monitor local subcontracts and grants administrators in managing assigned subcontract/ task orders, including periodically carrying out site visits. Report any deviations to the Operations Manager.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager, review consultant candidate submissions submitted by subcontractors for any subcontract/ task order proposal or activity.
- Assist the Operations Manager to negotiate all subcontracts and agreements with the implementing partner, working with finance staff, technical staff and Home Office.
- Maintain close communications with each local subcontractor’s contracting representative.
- Maintain close and continuous communications with technical staff to ensure program descriptions, scopes of work, deliverables, budgets, etc., are doable/achievable, meaningful, and reasonably priced.
- Assist the Operations Manager to provide the management team and the home office summaries of all contracting and sub-contracting activities, as needed (or in the quarterly report).
- Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, oversee the updating of various trackers assigned to the contracts department, including approvals tracker, contracts/vendor agreement tracker, and tracker for contracts issues under discussion with the home office.
- Maintain contracts and approvals files.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party or designee consistent with the overall scope of the project and the project-USAID contract.
- 5 years experience with medium to large international projects
- Proven ability to work with contracts, subcontracts, and related documents and to work within systems of regulations and/or laws to achieve results in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability, in addition to fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects or international development activities strongly preferre
Send a CV and cover letter to our email address: DBE2Indonesia@ edc.org
Please keep attachments small. All applications due before 22 June 2009
Only short listed candidates will be interviewed
The recruitment process regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, disability and religious beliefs