DRR - Technical Officer
Deadline for submission of applications: June 17th, 2009
Terms of Reference Post Code: RJA 9/DRR/Technical Officer/V/09
Post Title: DRR - Technical Officer
Location/Duty Station: Jakarta
Starting Date: Immediately
Contract Determined 6 month
1. Assist in the monitoring and development of the activities in the project and Capitalization of the community based approach in the urban context of DKI Jakarta.
2. Provide technical support for the implementation of the local level disaster risk management approach.
3. Information (Mapping and database) Management.
4. Developing training and awareness raising tools.
5. Participate in networking with stakeholders and advocacy.
6. Provide support in training and capacity-building; develop participatory approach through training and coordination meeting for community.
Desired Qualifications :
* Indonesian citizen, Bachelor degree, Fluency in English and good writing skills
* Technical Qualification with a 3-5 years experience in development or, humanitarian
projects, experience in projects will be an asset.
* Experience in surveying, mapping and creation of Access database
* Experience in ArcGIS, AutoCAD and other Graphics software would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of HVCA and other participatory techniques.
* Good communication, interpersonal, self-motivating skills and team worker.
* Excellent skills in liaising/ networking with local authorities preferable.
* Ability to negotiate and adapt to different stakeholders, good organized, reliable, punctual.
* Receptive, patient, able to overcome conflicts and adapt speech, communication and training skills.
* User oriented – Demonstrated interest in development projects and social issues,
* Flexibility – Familiar with local institutions and field work in a difficult context.
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to applyand should submit a one-page cover letter stating current and expected salaries, updated CV in
English and latest photograph, together with complete contact details of two
professional referees (if possible) as attachment to:
(Please put the Post Title + your name in the email subject)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All ACF members are committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: independence, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism and transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.