The , Non-Governmental Organization (UMCOR-NGO) (www.umcor-ngo. org) is a not-for-profit organization that provides transitional development and relief assistance to communities in need around the world. UMCOR-NGO's Indonesia Field Mission (UMCOR-Indonesia) is seeking (1) one new staff members as Senior Community Development & Partnership Specialist to work with Local Partners in and Lhoksukon. Expected start date is July 1, 2009.
Senior Community Development & Partnership Specialist
(1 position in Bireuen)
The SPS will be responsible for daily program activities provided to the targeted communities through trainings, guidance, co-ordination and supervision of partners. Identify partners; train, guide them to implement program activities within the defined objectives.
Qualifications and Key Competencies/ Required:
* Previous working experience with community development or/and community groups providing capacity bulding and income generation program.
* Minimum 3 years working experiences with Local NGOs or CBO as "partnership" and or community development project.
* University degree preferable major: social work, economic, business development.
* Ability to provide leadership and direction to partners.
* Ability to manage variety of workloads and prioritize tasks.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and .
* Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Highly responsible, reliable, honest and punctual.
* Flexible in mobility and working time.
* Willingness and ability to travel regularly to working sites in a challenging environment including stay overnight if required.
* Experience in training or teaching and strong interest in working and buliding Local NGO.
* Advance English skills (oral and writing).
* Able to work harmoniously as a team member.
* Ability to work regardless to religions, ethnics and cultural differences.
* Knowledge of Acehnese's social and cultural traditions
* Able to speak Acehnese
Applications: To apply for these positions, please send a CV/resume and cover letter in English, clearly stating whichSenior Community Development & Partnership Specialist in the upper left of the envelope or as a subject of your e-mail, to: Mrs. Yessi Argina, Administrative Assistant, UMCOR-Indonesia. E-mail: yessi@umcor. or.id; or
send to Jl. Pulo Kiton N0. 22A. Bireuen 24251 or to Ms. Sauria Beatrix Napitupulu, MIS cum HR. UMCOR-Indonesia address TASBI Blok RR No. 141,
Kelurahan Tanjung Rejo, Medan-Sunggal 20122 by June 23, 2009. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and positions will remain open until filled. Please no phone calls. Only applicants selected for an interview for the positions will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in UMCOR-Indonesia.
Responsible To: UMCOR Bireuen Field Coordinator
Start Date: July 1, 2009
Salary: Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience