The position is based in Banda Aceh, and requires travel within the province. Strong knowledge of/experience in Aceh highly preferred.
Reading Program Coordinator (RPC)
The Reading Program Coordinator (RPC) will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the DBE 2 Classroom Reading Program in the province, in close coordination with the Jakarta-based Reading Program Manager and key technical staff in the provincial office. The RPC will implement a program of training and onsite teacher mentoring for Grade 1-3 teachers involved in DBE 2 reading activities. The RPC will provide technical support and guidance to DBE 2 field staff (Master Teacher Trainers) involved in reading program activities. The RPC will also work closely with DBE 2's grants and procurement teams, providing assistance related to the development and review of grants applications and reports and procurement of non-text book reading materials, ensuring the timely distribution of reading materials to DBE 2 schools. The RPC is based in the DBE 2 provincial office with regular travel to DBE 2 schools. The RPC will report to the Provincial Coordinator and coordinate closely with the Jakarta-based Reading Program Manager.
* Possess a university degree in a field related to education, reading instruction/ language acquisition or a relevant combination of professional and education experience.
* Minimum of five years of classroom teaching experience including a strong background in primary education (early primary strongly preferred)
* Direct experience in designing and implementing teacher training activities, ideally related to language instruction, reading and writing
* Willingness to travel.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of language acquisition, second language instruction, and the teaching of reading and writing in lower primary learners
* Knowledge and understanding of children's literature and ideally Indonesian folk literature
* Ability to transfer skills and knowledge to teachers and teacher support providers by using a variety of adult teaching strategies including problem solving, demonstration, and mentoring
* Demonstrated organizational and logistical abilities. Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively in a fast-paced environment
* Ability and desire to work effectively both as a team member and individually
* Self-motivated, ability to take initiative
* Excellent oral and written Bahasa Indonesia skills, English proficiency also preferred
* Computer literate, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
CVs should be submitted electronically to rrosanti@edc. org