The Japanese Red Cross Society Simuelue is seeking a qualified and dynamic candidate to fill "Interpreter (Japanese/ Indonesian and vise versa).
Please find the ToR and details as follows;
Position Title : Interpreter (Japanese/Indonesian)
Location : Office; Sinabang, Simeulue District, NAD
Project Site : Simeulue Tengah and Salang sub-districts, Simeulue District, NAD
Delegation : Simeulue
sub-delegation, Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS)
Indonesia-Tsunami Operational Delegation
No. of Hired : 1 Person
Activities foreseen : New position.
Interpretation/ translation for construction delegate in charge of
technical supervision of rehabilitation/ reinforcement of 625 houses in
Hours : Full-time job(8am-5pm) , Monday to Friday
Duration : 3 month contract with possibility of extension
Availability required : Immediately
Contract / Salary : IFRC term fixed contract /salary according to qualification and experience
Description of the post:
Main role of this post is to provide interpretation/ translation service to construction delegate in charge of technical supervision of rehabilitation/ reinforcement of 625 houses in Simeulue Tengah and Salang sub-districts in Simeulue. It is expected
that s/he be flexibly respond to the operational need; participate in socializations for the project, inspection on the construction sites, negotiation with various stakeholder and administrative support works that may be assigned by line managers.
Professional skills and experiences required
1. In good mental and physical health; ability to work under difficult working/living condition of the project sites which is situated in a remote area.
2. Previous interpretation/ translation experience in Japanese/Bahasa Indonesia.
3. Construction background/understa nding is a big plus.
4. Good working knowledge of oral and written English.
5. Proficiency with MS Office suite.
6. Excellent reportingandorganis ational and interpersonal communication skills; team work oriented but able to work independently.
7. Working experience in the RC, international organisationsor Japanese institutions is preferable.
Please submit your application letter and curriculum vitae in Japanese or English,
notlater than 26th June2009. viae-mail to takeo-yamaguchi@ mob.jrc.or. jp
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.