reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2005.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their quality of life. We are looking for qualified and committed
candidates to fill the following position on a fixed term contract basis.
Disaster Risk Reduction (Ref Code; DPDRR) Based in Banda Aceh
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
* Experience of working with Red Cross and Red Crescent or another
organization in disaster preparedness.
* At least two years of field experience preferably
* Experience of participatory assessment, program planning and
* University degree
* Experience of writing progress reports
* Good command of writing and speaking Bahasa Indonesia
* (Windows, word processing, spreadsheets)
Standard function description
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Deputy
to the Disaster Risk Reduction Program Manager will provide assistance to
supervise, coordinate and implement all disaster preparedness program
activities including early warning system/emergency communication and the
integrated community-based disaster risk reduction in the CRC program areas
1. Assist the Program Manager in establishing and supporting the link
of PMI ICBRR activities to CRC housing, livelihoods and water and sanitation
2. Assist the Program Manager to support PMI to implement ICBRR program
in NAD and Nias.
3. Conduct regular monitoring of ICBRR program areas and submit report.
4. Provide support in the planning and implementation of a
community-based early warning and emergency communication system including:
a. Technical and operational assessment, coordination, logistics and
b. Installation of HF and VHF radio system.
c. Preparation of detailed standard operating procedure (SOP)
d. Support to Program Manager in project management, identification and
training of operators in general radio operation according to SOP.
e. Coordination with SATLAK, SATKORLAK and BAKORNAS PBP and the
official warning agencies in early warning and emergency communications
5. Facilitation of relationships building and communication between the
CRC and the PMI.
6. Assist the Program Manager to work closely with the Field Program
Officers based in fields to ensure that project activities are closely
coordinated with the area .
7. Supporting the networking efforts by liaising and coordinating with
the partner National Societies (PNSs), IFRC and other international
organizations/ agencies to ensure that effective working relationships and
information sharing channels with the are maintained.
8. Draft correspondence letters and weekly/monthly progress report as
9. Provide technical assistance to other CRC sectors as required.
10. Provide translation or interpretation as required.
11. Prepare written report of the program activities.
12. Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which are
commensurate to the position.
* Respects and observes the staff regulations of the CRC in Indonesia
* Respects and observes the code of conduct of the CRC in Indonesia
* The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in
this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when
Applications should be sent to
recruitment. email@example.com quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail
and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment
should not exceed 200 Kb. Only candidate meeting the Essential
Qualifications will be considered. Applications must be received by Friday,
19 June 2009. Canadian Red Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment
regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations