UNICEF Banda Aceh, Indonesia welcomes applications from qualified Indonesian
national candidates for the position of Nutrition Officer - Banda Aceh Office. Following are the details:
Functional title : Nutrition Officer
Duty station : Banda Aceh
Position NO-B, Temporary Fixed Term
Contract Duration : 6 months
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide technical assistance to the development and implementation of the child survival and development (CSD) package at posyandu level in the three selected districts.
2. To provide assistance to the province and 3 selected districts to ensure that interventions of CSD package is reflected in their work plan
3. To conduct an assessment of nutrition situation at Provincial and the three selected districts.
4. To use the data for improving nutrition programming, monitoring and assessment.
5. To provide technical assistance in the development and implementation of the provincial nutrition strategy.
6. To ensure the implementation and monitoring of other activities regarding AWP 2009
7. To ensure the material for campaign and distribution are available on time. To ensure the logistic is in place.
8. To facilitate the coordination among the government sector, NGOs and UN agencies on nutrition activities.
9. To ensure that the breastfeeding/infant young child feeding is integrating into the curriculum of nutrition academy and advocating for the integration into curriculum of midwives..
10. To provide appropriate report on time.
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in public health or nutrition program. Master degree is preferable
· Minimum 2 years of progressive working in community nutrition
· Minimum 3 years of solid experience supporting governmental planning processes, which encompass experience in planning for development/community/ health work, with exposure to different aspects of programming, planning and monitoring;
· Understanding of local government policies, guideline and regulation on nutrition development is required
· Familiar with UNICEF administration procedure, program policies and financial circular is an asset
· Knowledge of latest developments in the field of programming for nutrition and health; working experience in Aceh is preferred
· Experience in working under pressure
· Good computer skills in spreadsheet and able to communicate and write report in English
· Good networking skills with Government and Non-Government functionaries, good negotiation and facilitation skills
· Good health and willingness to travel and work under difficult conditions
· Able to work independently and in a team
· Strong management skills and report writing
Each candidate should provide full curriculum vitae, accompanied by a recent identity photograph and photocopies of diplomas addressed to the following address:
Human Resources Assistant, UNICEF Banda Aceh
Jl. Masjid Shadaqah No. 2 Lamlagang Banda Aceh 23243
Or send electronically to: email@example.com
Please Quote the functional tittle of this vacancy on the subject line.
14 June 2009
With Best Regards,