LOWONGAN NGO / LSM
PMI and the Recovery Program (TRP) have been working closely to response to the South Asia tsunami disaster in Province of . PMI NAD – Aceh Indonesia is seeking the eligible candidates to fill position ofCommunication Officer PMI NAD.
Duration: 12 months (April 2009 – April 2010)
Duty base: , NAD province
Duty and Responsibilities:
Assisting, providing, and developing the overall programs within Palang Merah Indonesia-American Red Cross (PMI-ARC) and Partners (IFRC/PNSs/other stakeholders) . To obtain coordination, good relationship and information between PMI and the American Red Cross and Partners (IFRC/PNSs/other stakeholders) as well as maintain the communication tasks. To promote and publicize the partnership and collaboration project between PMI and ARC throughout Aceh with local and national media, as well as to donors to and beneficiaries. To maintain communication and coordination of IFRC, the American Red Cross, PNS’s and other stakeholders. Regularly assist in joint PMI and ARC communications initiatives. Media monitoring, Write cover stories and take photographs on TRP Indonesia activities to support the newsletter process. Produce publication such as newsletters, leaflets and brochures for PMI visibility. Work closely with PMI NAD Resource Development staff to
support initiatives. Supervise/organize donor or field trips as necessary. Provide information to media and external stakeholders as requested; in responding the concerns and needs of Aceh community in tsunami affected regions-Aceh province.
· College graduate, preferably with an academic background in media, public relations or communications.
· 3-5 years experience working on communications issues, either as a journalist or at a humanitarian or development organization.
· Previous experience with PMI or the Red Cross/Red Cresent Movement a plus.
· Excellent communication skills (both written and oral, Indonesian and English, Acehnese will be an advantage).
· Time-management and organizational, basic computer plus internet and desktop publishing, excellent interpersonal skills.
· Responsive to tight deadlines, works well under pressure, proactive and self-motivated, seeks out opportunities to improve the public perception of PMI and makes the most of them.
· Forms and maintains relationships through teamwork and networking, flexible, willing to travel extensively and work in difficult conditions.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for test and interview.
Send the letter of application, complete resume or your detailed or updated CV (in English), latest photo with copies of educational certificates and any references or supporting documents (in Microsoft Word doc. format) and should be received no later than March 23, 2009 to:
Palang Merah Indonesia Chapter Office
Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam:
Jl. Tgk. Daud Beureueh Komplek PKA
TamanRatu Safiatuddin - Banda Aceh
Telp./Fax. (0651) 7551001
Or Email to:pmi_aceh@yahoo. co.id and CC toanggraeniw@ amredcross. org