LOWONGAN NGO - LSM
Project: Sustainable Livelihoods in post-conflict
areas in Aceh Jaya ( sub district Sampoiniet )
overall objective is to support
the recovery of conflict-affected community livelihoods through sustainable and
optimal resource utilization in Aceh Jaya district.
The project targets strengthening the capacity of
community organizations to re-establish livelihoods and provide direct support
for communities in the form of tools, materials and technical assistance, proper
targeted trainings and capacity building, strengthening of CBOs.
Main livelihoods in this post-conflict area are
agriculture and agro-forestry. Based on the livelihoods needs assessment the sustainable
livelihoods project in Sampoiniet sub-district is supporting mainly agriculture,
horticulture and agro-forestry related activities.
Full time post
Located in Sampoiniet sub-district, Aceh Jaya District. The
Project Officer will be expected to spend 80% of his/her time in the field, while
20% will be spent in for administrative purposes.
CCR is currently running one main office in Banda Aceh and one project
field office in Semantok ( CCR is also implementing second LH project targeting
mainly post tsunami victims through agriculture, , aquaculture
livelihoods in all sub-districts of Aceh Jaya, with 2 project field offices ).
Reporting: Reports directly to Sustainable
Livelihoods Project Manager
To lead, plan, and
monitor the implementation of the Post-Conflict Livelihoods Project which
seeks to assist conflict-affected communities in recovery of their livelihoods
and community structures.
* To ensure that all project activities are implemented in line with the project plans and set targets.
* To manage field staff ( 7 persons ) and provide technical and practical support to the field team in project implementation, as appropriate.
* To identify and arrange for demand-driven training programmes in agriculture, agro-forestry post-harvest processing, marketing as identified by communities, also for the field staff ( ) based on their project positions and project needs
* To ensure proper beneficiary targeting and registration, ensuring the needs of women and vulnerable households are addressed. This also includes maintaining up-to-date beneficiary records.
* To prepare budgets for the project implementation, to manage and monitor expenditure, against approved project budgets;
* To prepare monthly and quarterly activity reports, including gender disaggregated data on activities. This will include preparing monthly based on project proposal targets and progress outputs;
* To coordinate the work with finance, logistics, administrative staff and short-term consultants/ trainers;
· To contribute to the work of CCR Aceh Mission by
taking part in internal meetings
* To carry out the appraisal, monitoring and review needed to implement and manage the project in line with overall Caritas Czech Republic strategy.
* To develop and keep close relations with second CCR LH projects ( related to the coordination of various activities, sharing of lessons learned and best practices, coordination on CBDRR implementation )
* To develop and keep close and transparent relations at both operational and strategic level with Caritas Czech Republic project and program partner NGOs
* To attend coordination meetings and working groups with other (I)NGOs, national & local government sructures and other instances concerning general and sectoral ( livelihoods, agriculture etc.) coordination; and other work as assigned by the Project Manager- together with Project Manager develop and keep strong advocacy and lobbying link of the project
* Basic degree in relevant subject such as Agriculture, Forestry, Sustainable Livelihoods, Development Studies or Social Sciences.
* At least 5 years experience working for NGOs on , excellent leadership, communication, staff management skills ( preferably rural livelihood development sector projects with strong post harvesting and marketing components plus strong involvement of CBOs and communities )
* Experience in agriculture and agro-forestry ( organic agriculture systems, permaculture, )
* proven field experience on project discourses, project strategies, project planning and related discourses, PCM,
* proven field experience on community organizing discourses ( community development, community organizing, PRA methods )
* proven field experience on inside the projects
* proven field experience with advocacy and lobbying on various levels related to NGO project implementation
* Proven ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment, with difficult living conditions in the field
* Knowledge of Bahasa , Knowledge of English, ability to write concise reports in English
* IT skills
* driving licence
Previous experience of working in post conflict areas
( conflict awareness, conflict resolution knowledge )
Previous experience with community based DRR
Previous experience working in post- conflict
areas ( Aceh )
Duration of Contract:
Up to 31st December 2009, with possibility of contract extension
if continuation of project approved and funded by donors
Motivation letter together with CV
with minimum three references to be sent latest by 31st March to:
Arthur Mutambikwa ( arthur.mutambikwa@ caritas.cz ), in a copy to Martin Vane (martin.vane@ caritas.cz ), Rebecca Domondon (rebecca.domondon@ caritas.cz )
Please assist to circulate this job posting also.