LOWONGAN NGO - LSM
Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2007. We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates to fill the following position:
Environmental Health Senior
Based: in Banda Aceh with travels to field locations as necessary
Summary of Responsibilities
The Environmental Health (EH) Senior Program Manager (Program Manager) reports to the Deputy Country Representative and has overall responsibility for the development and implementation of policies and procedures for all environmental health activities in the CRC's operational area. Environmental health activities include hygiene promotion, the development of local institutions/ committees for management, village socialization processes, building health sector linkages to village institutions, motivating water quality and , and in general supporting up to 30 new sub-villages with their planning and implementation activities. Based in Banda Aceh, the EH Senior Program Manager will be responsible for providing technical support and capacity building to CRC EH field staff and project management support to the EH teams. The EH Senior Program Manager will supervise EH Promotion and Technical Program Managers. The EH Senior Program Manager will work to ensure ongoing collaboration and coordination between the EH team and other CRC and Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement programs as well as provide technical over site of implementing partners' water and sanitation activities.
· Oversee development and implementation of CRC's EH program, and advise on programming direction as required.
· Provide technical support and supervision to Field EH Senior Program Manager, EH managers and field staff in three field offices.
· Oversee field assessment of water and sanitation conditions in temporary shelter settlements (TSS) and new villages in relation to environmental and public health, guided by Sphere standards and Government of Indonesia (GOI) standards.
· Prepare assessment materials, surveys, questionnaires and other community engagement tools as required.
· Liaise with Indonesian Red Cross (PMI), other Partner National Societies (PNS), International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC), NGOs and local government (particularly Health Department).
· Provide support and guidance for software program coordinator' s and officer's work including community engagement, of EH facilities, hygiene promotion, gender programming, and (M&E).
· Ensure that EH program is well integrated within existing CRC structure within field offices by working and collaborating with Field Managers to establish roles and training needs of field officers and provide necessary training through the EH Software team.
· Oversee development and implementation of (SWM) program in new villages.
· Provide training and oversight for KABP survey implementation
· Provide project management support to EH teams to ensure that all projects are complete on schedule.
· Develop and/or improve appropriate M&E tools, and support implementation of M&E in the field.
· Provide monthly progress reports on progress towards strategic of EH program.
· Prepare and update budgets, spending targets, expense reports, and budget forecasts EH program requirements quarterly.
· Attend and participate in inter-agency coordination meetings as required.
· Apply CRC principles of gender and accessibility programming whenever applicable.
· Prepare proposals, budgets and reports with inputs from field teams.
· Provide technical oversight and monthly reporting on American Red Cross' (ARC) water and sanitation program for CRC housing beneficiaries, including:
Ø Ensure that quality and performance of sanitation systems is adequately monitored
Ø Monitor and ensure that interim water supply is provided to all homes as they are handed over and advocate for improved supply as needed
Ø Liaise with ARC consultants and contractors on permanent water supply
Ø Facilitate communication between implementing partners and community committees as required
· Provide technical oversight and monthly reporting for CRC's water and sanitation program in Nias which is being implemented under a Pledge Management Note by the International Federation of the Red Cross
Ø Review and advise on proposal and budget documentation
Ø Establish and implement M&E program; conduct quarterly monitoring visits
· Participate in Puga Gampong (Livelihoods) proposal review committee, providing technical support and recommendations on water and sanitation, environmental impact and
· Plan and deliver semi-annual EH team workshops to review program progress and planning and to build relevant technical capacity in EH team members
· Work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
Minimum Required Knowledge & Experience:
· with emphasis on water, sanitation and public health plus a minimum of five years relevant work experience, preferably in developing country or in community outreach, mobilization and training an advantage.
· Experience with Participatory Methodologies (PRA, RRA, PHAST). Project management, program development and planning experience; experience in socialization and formation of water committees
· Engineering Project Management experience
· Excellent communication skills: Written and spoken English; Bahasa Aceh, Bahasa Indonesia an asset
· Computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, graphics software.
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb. Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered. Applications must be received by Friday, April 3, 2009 Canadian Red Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations.
Personal and confidential: This email is intended for the individual to whom it was addressed. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender and delete this message and attachments, if any, from your system. Please note that the use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is prohibited. Thank you.