Agency for International Development (USAID) that support the Government of Indonesia in managing natural resource depletion and addressing climate change. Support could include one or more of the following cross-sectoral approaches: institutional capacity building (national and local level), public-private partnerships, community-based field work & mobilization, public information campaigns, , policy making and law enforcement., a leading , seeks experienced professionals for anticipated activities funded by the U.S.
Chemonics seeks applicants with experience and expertise in the above cross-sectoral areas as they relate to the following technical sectors:
1. Sustainable management of forests with high biodiversity ( , PES, REDD, carbon sequestration, verification of legal and sustainable wood products, etc.)
2. Management of marine ecosystems in the Coral Triangle (biodiversity conservation, off-shore fisheries and protected areas management, previous experience with MFMA, promotion of legal and sustainable marine products, etc.)
3. Delivery and management of urban water and sanitation services (local government and water utilities, advocacy, diarrhea prevention, household-level safe drinking water technology, finance for environmental services, etc.)
4. Clean energy (renewable & , electricity tariff reforms, small-scale power producers, etc.)
· Advanced degree relevant to at least one of the above technical areas
· At least 5 years experience in a role relevant to the work listed above
· Previous experience with USAID contractors and grantees desired
· Proficiency in English and Indonesian languages preferred
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to ChemonicsIndonesiaN RM@gmail. comas soon as possible but no later than April 12, 2009. IN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL: please include your cover letter and identify your sectoral and cross-sectoral areas of expertise as they relate to this advertisement. Only the strongest candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, please.
Chemonics International (www.chemonics. com) was founded in 1975 and is one of the largest U.S. providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries for initiatives financed by USAID. Chemonics is based in and has operated in Indonesia for over 20 years.