IOM is looking for Agricultural Project Assistant I according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int not later than 31 March 2009 indicating the reference code below and job title. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2009/ 024
Job Title : Agricultural Project Assistant I
Duty Station : Bireun, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam,
Classification : Employee, Grade 4
Duration of Contract : 2 months with possible extension
Estimate Starting Date : As soon as possible
General functions :
Under the direct supervision of the Information, Counseling and Referral Services (ICRS) Field Coordinator in Bireun, in close consultation with the Reintegration Officer, and the overall guidance of the Program Coordinator, Post-Conflict & Reintegration Program (PCRP), the incumbent will perform the a host of services to assist the implementation an agricultural program for 400 client referrals, as follows:
1. Technical assistance and input to Koptan Bintang Mas, in particular our IOM’s partnership focused on vegetable and oil-palm agriculture with 400 ICRS clients from Aceh Utara and Bireuen.
2. To assess and report on ICRS clients from two districts receiving two (2) hectares of arable land from local government.
3. Assess and provide on-the-spot advice to the said partner on managing and maintaining an oil-palm nursery operation, including assessing the distribution of palm seedlings to ICRS clients.
4. of said partner in the implementation of client referral, case management, monitoring, and agriculture activities conducted by local CSO partners.
5. Regular reporting of field-trips.
6. Coordinate reporting outputs with ICRS Monitoring & Evaluation Team.
7. Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to all client project files;
8. Coordinate the preparation of financial documents with Administrative Finance assistant(s) ;
9. Coordinate all procurement matters with the PCRP Procurement Focal Point.
10. Coordinate the preparation of narrative documents with ICRS M&E team.
11. Other duties and responsibilities as instructed.
University degree in Agricultural Science and a combination of education and professional experience, particularly in the areas of oil-palm and horticulture, advance knowledge of MS Excel for monitoring, data analysis, and reporting. Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and hardship conditions, excellent teamwork and communication skills, cross-cultural and gender sensitivity.
Able to demonstrate high level of initiative, perseverance and professional commitment to achieve high-quality results, ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different cultures and professional backgrounds, technical fluency in Indonesian.
Vocational English (spoken and written).