IOM Yogyakarta is looking for Database Assistant, (Information Management Unit) IMU according to the term of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to submit their application to hryogyakarta@ iom.int not later than 10 April 2009 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
1. DATABASE ASSISTANT, IMU
Reference Code : SVN/ID10/2009/ 026
Position Title : Database Assistant, IMU
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Classification : Employee, G4
Type of appointment : Special, 3 months
Estimate Starting Date : As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office, the with the ITC Unit, and direct reporting to Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, he/she will be required to work closely with other Information Management and Program/s staff to develop and maintain databases. In particular he/she will be responsible for the following:
Information Management Unit related duties (functions and responsibilities) :
1. Contribute to the design of IOM Yogyakarta Central Database and application systems, in accordance with office and individual programmatic requirements.
2. Lead in the development (programming) of the centralized database and assist with for the JRF Livelihood programme.
3. Development of the User interface, query and reporting functions, in accordance with the requested specification.
4. In close with coordination with the M&E Manager, implement the necessary changes and updates to the database system.
5. Provide support to end-users and/or frequent users in operating the database; ensuring the efficient use of database systems, and application of the appropriate mechanisms for accurate data compilation.
6. Liaison with program and inter-unit staff to facilitate the flow of information.
7. Collect and organize automated incoming reports in agreed templates/formats
8. Clean and enter updated and new data into IMU databases, including addressing problems with data provided to IMU.
9. Act as focal point for provision of the relevant statistical and quantitative information going to the database, for monthly reports.
10. Perform data entry and monitor database functionality with the immediate rectification of errors and/or implementation of necessary modifications.
11. Provide Unit reports on database functionality, status and data progress on a weekly basis.
12. Provide regular summary and detailed live reports to M&E manager
13. In close coordination with the ITC Assistant, ensure the ongoing functionality of the GIS server applications.
14. Coordinate the implementation of regular backups for the GIS mapping, Database Systems (locally/network) ; and secure the existence of a centralized data repository for national data in Yogyakarta.
Data Base ITC related duties
1. Backup and ensure adequate closure of existing Databases in the office
2. Assist in the monitoring of LAN, internet connectivity and equipment
3. In coordination with ITC Assistant and the Program and Data Management Assistant, prepare Purchase Requisitions and other documentation related to IMU activities. Assist in the purchasing of office ITC equipment, safeguarding and / or maintenance when required.
4. Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s , at all times.
5. At the request of the Departmental Head or HO, participate in staff development and training processes
6. Any other duties as may be requested by the M & E Manager or HO
It is anticipated that software development and live reporting will be a consultative process contributing to progressive development of the M & E system of IOM Yogyakarta.
University degree in computer science or a combination of relevant education and professional experience, particularly in the areas of database management and programming.
Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of MS software development products for data analysis and reporting, such as ACCESS (essential), VISUAL, PROJECT and MS EXCEL (essential). A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in for single/multi- site/distributed databases, particularly with Microsoft products (SQL Server, Access) Web-based and/or client-server database system implementations a distinctive advantage.
Holder of an would be a distinctive advantage. Ability to perform effectively under pressure, excellent teamwork and communication skills, cross-cultural and gender sensitivity. Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high-level of initiative, perseverance and professional commitment to achieve high-quality results. Ability to handle confidential data in a professional, responsible and mature manner.
Fluency in English (written, spoken) and .
2. COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Reference Code : SVN/ID10/2009/ 025
Position Title : Community Engagement Coordinator
Duty Station :
Classification : Employee, G6
Type of appointment : Special, 3 months
Estimate Starting Date : As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office (HO) and the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Livelihood) (PM), the Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible to oversee community engagement activities under a Livelihood project funded by the Java Reconstruction Fund (JRF), implemented in Yogyakarta and Central Java provinces. In particular, he/she will:
1. In close coordination with the PM, manage all aspects of IOM’s Community Engagement Unit developing the unit’s working principles, operating procedures, work plan and targets;
2. Initiate and conduct recruitment processes for field facilitators and other support staff;
3. Train field facilitators in appropriate , in particular focus group discussion (FGD) and quantitative survey techniques;
4. Manage staff members under the unit and assist them in preparation of district-level work plans and coordinate deployment of field teams to IOM’s project sites across the two provinces;
5. Prepare and execute project socialization meetings for beneficiaries and government counterparts at district and village levels, ensuring that project objectives and activities are accurately conveyed and clearly understood by stakeholders throughout implementation of the project;
6. Provide daily supervision, coaching and undertake quality control of the activities of up to 20 community facilitators ensuring that activities in the field are in accordance with programming objectives and principles of transparency, accountability and participation; take appropriate management action as necessary to ensure that community engagement maintains high quality at all times;
7. Directly supervise beneficiary verification, selection and registration processes across multiple communities ensuring that selection is in strict accordance with established project criteria;
8. Coordinate with project units ensuring that they are notified and kept up to date regarding daily schedules and work plans of community engagement;
9. Ensure smooth operation of a complaints mechanism specific to the community engagement process;
10. Identify community engagement systems and processes that require refinement in order to ensure maximum outputs under the project and provide ‘solution focused” advice to PM in relation to community engagement and liaison activities.
11. In close coordination with the Market Research Unit and the Programme Logistics Unit, assist in the identification of asset replacement needs of beneficiaries;
12. Monitor utilization of livelihood assets delivered to beneficiaries;
13. In close coordination with IOM’s Market Research Unit and the Training and Media Unit, monitor and provide field support to the implementation of business development trainings and technical assistance implemented by IOM’s partners for the benefit of micro- and small enterprises;
14. Assist IOM’s beneficiaries to form clusters and producer groups; assist in the development of management systems and group rules;
15. In close coordination with the PM and the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, monitor the delivery of outputs against targets and project indicators, report on these regularly in oral and written form;
16. Cooperate closely with IOM’s Monitoring and Evaluation Unit; regularly providing it with updated beneficiary lists and registration records and actively participate in beneficiary eligibility surveys and other monitoring and evaluation activities as necessary to maintain IOM’s accountability;
17. Ensure that principles of gender equality are mainstreamed into community engagement processes; including in recruitment, beneficiary selection, needs assessment and in the conduct of FGD.
18. In coordination with IOM’s Local Government Liaison Focal Point, proactively engage and coordinate with authorities at village and district level; contribute to IOM and government initiated workshops and coordination meetings;
19. Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times.
20. At the request of the HO or PM, participate in staff development and training processes;
21. Perform other duties as assigned by the PM/HO.
University degree in business administration, economics, development studies, anthropology or other related social sciences field; or a combination of related experience and academic background. At least five (5) years applied experience in livelihood and in the non-profit sector required. Demonstrated experience in the private sector viewed favorably. At least three (3) years experience in a management capacity overseeing significant numbers of staff required. Excellent people coordination skills and leadership capability. Strong interpersonal and team building skills absolutely essential and high capacity in coordinating and working harmoniously with other departments and units. Demonstrated knowledge in community-based and participatory programming approaches. Be prepared to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong familiarity with MSWord and MS Excel applications. Fluency in spoken and written
English is mandatory. Fluency in Javanese a distinct advantage.
3. PEACE BUILDING PROJECT ASSISTANT II
Reference Code : SVN/IDI/2009/ 028
Job Title : Peace Building Project Assistant II
Duty Station :
, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam, Indonesia
Employee, Grade 5
Estimate Starting Date :
13 April 2009
the direct supervision of the Reintegration Officer of the Post Conflict and
Reintegration Program (PCRP) in close coordination with the Peace-building Specialist
(for PCRP) and the Information Officer (at IOM Jakarta), and the overall
guidance of the Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be
responsible for coordinating and Implementing public information, public
relations, and peace-building media strategies in support of the PCRP. In
particular s/he will:
Technically assisting the Peace-building Specialist in developing an
information and awareness campaign to explain the aims and targets of the
“Program for Peace Building Assistance in Conflict-affected Communities in
Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam” to local government, clients and their communities. .
This anticipates a strong public outreach mechanism that manages communities
and clients’ expectations.
Working with other ICRS staff and local partners in the districts of Bener
Meriah, Bireuen, , Kutacane, Takengon and Tapaktuan, including
community based organizations (CBOs) and civil society organizations (CSOs), to
produce and direct the production of peace-building media, which may include
print media, interactive radio programming, etc: the aim is to reinforce and
discuss key ideas and messages of the program in an interactive and
Edit, Format and link all photographs and captions/quote received from the
field into the interactive ‘Flash’ program’s Photo section; edit, convert and
link power-point information into the Information section; convert and link all
audio and video materials into the Audio and Video sections; obtain and link
each months Tingkap news tabloid into the Tingkap section;
Bi-weekly synchronization of all six information kiosks in the field;
Based on specific information display needs of each field office area and
overall ICRS program foci, develop relevant display banners and wall-papers for
each field office.
Timely completion of monthly design for the public display billboards and
ensuring the service provider makes the changes simultaneously in Banda Aceh
and all other six regions with minimum possible delays;
Timely completion of monthly design for Tingkap newspaper stands at key
supermarkets and governmental offices in ICRS work areas;
Editing table assistance in the production of video documentaries and ICRS Client
video documentary production;
Preparing PowerPoint presentations for projecting programs reflecting field
information in the form of tables, graphs, photos with narrations for public
and official viewing and to identify specific information promotion needs;
Development of relevant audiovisual materials and precise technical
arrangements of visuals during press conferences, public forums, official
meetings and other ICRS program related activities highlighting the key
features and purpose of the ICRS program under the banner of a common identity.
Maintain constant contact with the five ICRS Field Coordinators and their
respective staff, especially the database assistant to obtain timely
photographs with captions/quotes of all major stages of ICRS field activities
and events. Collaboratively design power-point versions of all
Prepare regular implementation reports and project progress reporting as
Assist staff designated to PCRP information and media activities.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
minimum of one year relevant experience in information and reporting capacities
with an International or relevant national agency/organization or media outlet
is highly desirable. Experience in writing and designing promotional/ media
materials, and working with community and commercial broadcast media (eg. print,
radio, television). Proficient at photography, including editing via Photoshop
(or other relevant program) and publishing design via Publisher (or other
relevant program) highly desirable. Proficient at videography, including
editing and production will be an exceptional bonus although not mandatory. The
ability to work on Mac based editing software’s will be an added advantage.
Previous work experience with Aceh and familiarity with peace-building and
reintegration issues pertaining to the ongoing peace process a distinct
advantage. Strong organizational skills, drive for results and effective people
skills with a demonstrated track record working effectively with colleagues
from linguistically and culturally diverse backgrounds will be highly
knowledge of and spoken English at a conversational level is