(IOM) is looking for
Nurse (2 positions) according to the terms of reference below.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to
2009, indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are
kindly requested to specify their availability date in the application
form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code : SVN/ID10/2009/ 022
Position title : Nurse ( 2 positions)
Duty Station : Medan and Bogor
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade
Type & duration of contract : Special All Inclusive, 3 months with
possibility of extension.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician
and the overall supervision of the National Operation Officer, the
incumbent will be responsible for providing nursing services in carrying
out his/her medical responsibilities to Irregular Migrants (IMs) under
IOM auspices in his/her area of responsibility. In Particular He/She
1. Conduct regular visits to IM accommodations and provide nursing
assistance in relation to the Migration Health Officer's conduct of
medical consultation, physical examination, diagnosis, and treatment of
non-serious medical conditions.
2. Arrange and administer immunization to IMs as instructed by the
3. Evaluate medical cases of IMs and recommend appropriate medical
action (weather further treatment is necessary, discontinue treatment,
etc) to Migration Health Officer.
4. Assist the Migration Health Physician in maintaining regular
progress notes and an efficient medical referral system for medical
cases that require specialized medical attention or for emergency cases.
5. Follow-up medical cases in hospitals/shelters as required.
6. Assist Migration Health Physician in coordinating with local
health authorities concerning the health of IOM beneficiaries.
7. Assist in preparing list of medical supplies for procurement.
8. Assist in data gathering and relaying such data in an orderly
fashion for monthly reports and statistics.
9. Ensure the confidentiality of medical information of the
10. Act as medical escort as required
11. Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which
are commensurate to the position.
Degree in Nursing, and/or with equivalent education and training
relative to clinical nursing. At least two years of clinical nursing
practice; experience in public health and/or community health and health
promotion an advantage. in general counseling, good
coordination and networking skills will be distinct advantages.
, personal commitment, efficiency and
flexibility. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Good level of
computer literacy, awareness of gender issues.Ability to work
effectively and harmoniously in a team with colleagues from varied
cultures and professional backgrounds. Willingness to travel and to work
under difficult conditions.
Language: Proficient in the English language.
For more detail about us, please visit our website : www.iom.or.id