(IOM) is looking for (1 position) according to the below.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to
2009 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are
requested to specify their availability date in the application form.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2009/ 023
Position Title : (1 position)
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade
Duty Station : Medan - Indonesia
Type & duration of contract : Special All Inclusive, 3 months with
possibility of extension
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Physician ,
IOM for medical/technical matters and the overall supervision
of the National Operations Officer , the incumbent will provide
oversight, supervise and monitor the implementation of the psychosocial
assistance activities for the irregular migrants in Indonesia. In
particular, he/she will:
1. Develop and implement tailored psychosocial program of activities
for the irregular migrants (IMs) and ensure that the implementation of
social, religious and educational/ vocational activities and the like,
are culturally appropriate
2. Actively engage the IMs in the development of psychosocial
activities and use available resources within the target population.
Encourage migrants to provide assistance to their own community members
by sharing their own knowledge and skills.
3. Ensure active participation of the IMs in decision-making process
affecting their daily living situations
4. Share correct and translated data or information with the rest of
the migrant population where possible
5. Identify and/or refer migrants with potential mental/psychosocial
health problems or any other general health issues to the appropriate
in the area.
6. Make certain that only qualified health staff handles some
individuals in need of higher level of care and intervention as
appropriate (for example – those persons with suicidal ideation or
major mental disorders).
7. In coordination wit the psychologist, provide basic counselling
and implementation of psychosocial activities where possible and
appropriate in a schedule manner.
8. Conduct education on personal hygiene and any health problems
identified and support in providing basic clinical care that may be
9. Coordinate with the Medical and Operations Units in scheduling
individual or group psychosocial events and activities.
10. Prepare a monthly report on activities and submit to the Senior
Migration Health Physician on a monthly basis
11. Conduct regular monitoring and provide opportunities for
psychological consultation, diagnosis, and future plans.
12. Maintain an efficient psychological/ mental health follow up and
13. Prepare psychological reports and statistics and submit to
relevant IOM teams.
14. Ensure the confidentiality of medical information of the
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Desirable Qualifications :
Diploma in social work/nurse or alternatively, a combination of relevant
experience and training in this field. At least three years of direct
work experience in social work, have worked in settings with battered
women, rape victims, family/domestic abuse and trauma/post care.
Experience in working with trafficked persons; general counselling and
Excellent communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency and
flexibility. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Good level of
of gender issues. Ability to work
effectively and harmoniously in a team with colleagues from varied
cultures and professional backgrounds. Willingness to travel and to work
under difficult conditions.
Language: Proficient in the English language.
For more detail about us, please visit our website : www.iom.or.id