LOWONGAN NGO / LSM
The International Federation is looking for candidate to be based in for the post of Health Manager (focusing on Human Pandemic Preparedness and )
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Technical Assistance/Capacity Building
1. Guide and assist in programme design and preparation of detailed programme narratives, logframe tables, budgets and implementation plans which meet Human Pandemic Preparedness (H2P), AHI and HIV Aids global standards
2. Support in the establishment and recruitment of programme management/implemen tation teams at headquarters and branches, and in ensuring that team members receive comprehensive induction and orientation courses.
3. Support in working with Movement and relevant field partners, and ensure integration of AHI and HIV Aids activities into existing programming.
4. Assist in the development of the PMI influenza pandemic service continuity plan that is integrated into its preparedness and response plans for general disaster or public health emergencies.
5. Support relevant capacity building and knowledge sharing initiatives within PMI and ensure these reinforce long-term preparedness capability required for other needs.
6. Support the PMI in maintaining a primary role in the national and local pandemic preparedness and response plans.
7. Proactive network building at Chapter level and HQ level inter-organisation meetings.
8. Provide support to PMI HIV AIDS team in Chapters project proposal drafting.
9. Many of these meetings need toi be organised and initiated by the post holder
10. Frequent chairing of meetings and facilitation of workshops and at trainings (AHI and HIV AIDS), many of which to be organised by post-holder.
11. Provide support to other PMI, IFRC or RC/RC Movement supported Health Programmes and Projects, as requested
1. Support/facilitate in the identification of strategic and operational partners, and in setting up and maintaining coordination mechanisms at national and programme area levels
2. Cooperate and coordinate closely, as representative of the Federation, with national and international community inter-agency coordination structures
3. Work with other sectors within the Federation country office in facilitating the integration of relevant AHI and HIV priorities with other PMI sectors/programmes.
Financial Management and Reporting
1. Monitor the financial management of the Federation-supporte d AHI and HIV programmes/projects in in line with agreed plans and budgets.
2. Ensure that quality reports are prepared in a timely manner and in line with requirements specified in the project cooperation agreement (PCA), other donor/pledge based contracts and/or standard Federation reporting guidelines.
3. Provide regular management/operatio nal reporting for National, Regional and Zonal Health offices.
1. Regularly monitor the delivery of programme results, particularly related to preparedness and contingency planning, testing of protocols and guidelines, trainings and mobilisation of community leaders/health volunteers, coordination mechanisms and relevant initiatives.
2. In consultation with relevant Federation technical officers, coordinate programme reviews and evaluations of Federation-supporte d AHI and HIV programmes in Indonesia.
3. Ensure that rigorous monitoring and evaluation criteria are being applied to measure the progress against set objectives.
1. Support PMI in mobilising appropriate human, technical or financial resources to ensure timely delivery of programme results.
1. Professional qualification as a health practitioner
2. Further qualification in public health, tropical health, emergency management or humanitarian assistance (desirable)
1. At least 2 years programme management experience, preferably in humanitarian or NGO sector, preferably in public health
2. Strong programme management in the Red Cross Red Crescent system preferred
3. Working with the Red Cross Red Crescent national society preferred
4. Consulting and technical assistance in a different country, an advantage
1. Good knowledge of health and disaster management objectives, mandate and programme orientation of the humanitarian sector
2. Excellent management and communication skills
3. Computer skills: word processing, presentations, excel spreadsheets and charts
4. Good general knowledge and understanding of public health, emergency/disaster management, service continuity planning, and influenza pandemics and HIV Aids
1. Advanced knowledge in English required
2. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia required
National society relations, Results focus and accountability, Teamwork, Communications, Professional standards, Leadership,
Please submit your curriculum vitae and clearly stated the salary expectation latest on 1st April 2009 to:
Email: ifrc.recruitment@ gmail.com