IOM is looking for Field Coordinator according to the terms of reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their application to hrbandaaceh@ iom.int not later than 25 March 2009 indicating the reference code below and job title. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference Code :SVN/IDI/2009/ 021
Job Title :Field Coordinator
Duty Station :Takengon, Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam,
Classification :UG, 2 months with possible extension
Estimate Starting Date :Soon as possible
Working under the direct supervision of the Reintegration Officer and the overall supervision of Program Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the management of designated Information, Counseling and Referral Services (ICRS) field office and its field-based staff. In particular, he/she will:
1. Serve as primary focal point for all Post-Conflict and Reintegration programming in the designated area of responsibilityand be responsible for all ICRS activities.
2. Identify and wherever possible cultivate operational synergies within and between IOM projects in the designated area of responsibility.
3.. Liaise on a regular base with local government and develop consultative relationships with relevant local government departments and provincial government agencies.
4. Responsible for the maintenance of accurate and timely monitoring and evaluation, ensuring that all activities are properly tracked and recorded.
5. Cooperate with local civil society organizations and community based organizations.
6. Monitor local partners in implementing the grant especially in disseminating information and community facilitation.
7. Prepare weekly team activity plans, periodic action plan and related task-specific activities.
8. In accordance with structured reporting requirements and informal reporting needs, prepare clear and concise reports of all ICRS activities undertaken.
9. Assist in the preparation of external correspondence, and managing internal correspondence and filing ICRS documentation.
10. Identify potential local partners and service providers for employment referral, vocational training and related special needs of ICRS beneficiaries. This anticipates performing labor market analyses and business development.
11. Monitor and track procurement processes in the field and within IOM for project deliveries in the designated area of responsibility.
12. Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to all client project files.
13. Coordinate the preparation of financial documents with Administrative and Finance assistant(s) ;
14. Support other ICRS staff members in counseling, facilitation, administration, and ICRS outreach activities.
15. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
University degree and relevant field experience within Indonesia and internationally, special skills and relevant International or regional experience in agribusiness, business development, case management, small business development, and/or employment referral services. Previous experience in managing staff and related project administration skills. Ability to prepare reports, related documentation, and otherwise work in both English and .
of proficiency in MSOffice applications, flexibility and ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines, resourceful and strong ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours in field posting with limited direct support. Demonstrated ability and competency in developing solid team morale with people of linguistically and culturally diverse backgrounds.