Hivos, founded in 1968, is a Dutch non-governmental not-for-profit development organization inspired by humanist values. Together with more than 800 partner organizations in over 30 countries across the globe, 170 staff members and 13 offices worldwide, including 2 in Indonesia, Hivos seeks to contribute to a free, fair, and sustainable world. This is a world in which all citizens have equal access to the resources and opportunities for their development, and where they can actively and equally participate in decision-making processes that determine their lives, their society and their future. Hivos believes in the creativity and the capacity of individuals. Quality, cooperation, and innovation form the core values in Hivos' way of working.
INDONESIA DOMESTIC BIOGAS PROGRAMME
Hivos, in cooperation with SNV is embarking on an ambitious national programme on domestic biogas in Indonesia, through which a commercial, sustainable biogas sector will be developed. The programme, funded by the Dutch government, aims at the construction of at least 8,000 over a period of 3.5 years. In order to support this programme, HIVOS has opened the following positions for Indonesian nationals:
Biogas Technical Officer
Qualification : Bachelor in Civil Engineering
Work experience: Minimum 6 years, of which 2 years preferably in biogas or renewable energy technology
The Technical Officer has responsibility for quality management (control) of biogas plants, technical training to the staff of partner organizations, implementation of research activities, and standardization of biogas appliances. S/he works under the close guidance of the Programme Manager and may seek advice from the SNV Senior Bio-gas Advisor as needed.
The main responsibilities of the Biogas Technical Officer are:
• Overall management of the quality control system for biogas plants.
• Development of quality standards, preparation of quality manuals and procedures and dissemination thereof to programme partners.
• Visit biogas plants (minimum 25% of total time) to check the quality of plants and supervise the activities of Quality Inspectors.
• Follow-up project activities and provide feedback to Programme Manager and the SNV Senior Adviser.
• Take necessary steps in relation to quality control of the biogas plants including addressing problems observed or reported during the construction or after completion of biogas plants.
• Organize regular quality control review meetings and provide instruction/ feedback to Quality Inspectors and Construction Partner Organizations
• Participate in and arrange technical training for programme staff, masons, supervisors and the users of biogas plants.
• Coordinate with government agencies as appropriate.
• Coordinate technical research and standardization of biogas plant and appliances.
• Prepare quality control reports and provide advices to plant constructors on improvements.
• Perform other biogas-related activities as assigned by Programme Manager
Office Manager /
Qualification Relevant education, strong secretarial skills, organized and excellent communication skills.
Good knowledge of personnel and human resource issues.
Advanced knowledge of major word processing and spreadsheet applications. Affinity with ICT and database experience preferred.
Minimum 5 years prior experience as Office Manager/Executive Secretary
The Office Manager / Executive Secretary will report to the Programme Manager of the biogas programme.
The function is Jakarta-based, but may include limited travel within Indonesia (max. 2-3 trips per year). The contract will be for a period of two years and can be extended for one year if performance is satisfactory.
The main responsibilities of the Office Manager / Executive Secretary are:
• , including logistics, maintaining of agenda, travel arrangements, arrangement of meetings
• Maintenance personnel administration for the programme
• Maintain administration and filing system in compliance with Hivos administration requirements and procedures
• Coordinate and make minutes of internal meetings
• Liaise with the counterparts of the programme (government, NGOs, private sector)
• Process information and provide secretarial support to the biogas programme management
• Applicants should send a CV and cover letter explaining your qualifications and motivation to: Hivos Southeast Asia Regional Office, attn. Recruitment Officer, by email to email@example.com. id with reference code 'vacBiogas-BTO' for the Biogas Technical Officer position and reference code 'vacBiogas-OM' for the Office Manager / Executive Secretary position. Applications without a proper cover letter will not be considered.
• Applications should include the names of at least three references.
• The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 09 June 2009.