reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their
applications to hrjakarta@iom. int
than 01 June 2009 indicating the reference code below as subject. All
candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the
application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2009/ 046
Position Title : Operations Assistant I / Arabic Translator
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 4
Duty Station : Mataram - Indonesia
Type&duration of contract : Special All Inclusive, 3 months with
possibility of extension
General Functions :
Under direct supervision of the Operation Officer in Mataram, in close
coordination with Operations Assistant II in Mataram and the overall
supervision of the National Operations Officer, the incumbent will be
responsible for oversight, coordination and implementation of all
relevant project activities. In most instances, it is expected these
activities will fall under the Service Areas of Care, Maintenance, and
Assisted Voluntary Return for irregular migrants (IMs). In particular,
1. Responsible for the care and maintenance of IMs under IOM
auspices in his/her area of responsibility and in strict compliance of
the agreed IOM Operational Guidelines.
2. Monitor Irregular activities and ensure that all basic
services are provided to all Irregular Migrants (IMs) under IOM auspices
in a timely and efficient manner. Basic services to be accommodation
facilities, basic personal supplies and toiletries, security and , including psycho-social counselling.
3. Be as an Arabic translator for the program.
4. Visit Irregular Migrants regularly and under take activities as
indicated in the visit activity / work plan prepared in coordination
5. Provide venue either in IOM office or the hotel to discuss any
issue raised in relation to the provision of basic services and other
concerns deemed significant by Irregular Migrants.
6. Provide counselling to Irregular Migrants on their option to
continued stay in Indonesia or Voluntary return to country of origin.
7. Prepare and submit reports of visit conducted to the Program
Manager / National Operation Officer, copy furnished to Programme
Officer for coordination purposes.
8. Coordinate with the Medical and Mental Health teams to ensure
that all Irregular Migrants are provided adequate and appropriate
medical services, including psychosocial counselling.
9. Distribute basic supplies to IM's on agreed schedule.
10. Ensure that all IM's are provided proper identification cards.
11. Identify hotels/accommodatio n that can provide sufficient services
12. Coordinate with Hotel owners and relevant hotel staffs to ensure
that accommodation for Irregular Migrants are within the agreed
13. Mediate between Irregular Migrants and hotel owners in cases of
dispute and ensure that issues are properly settled.
14. Review and ensure that payments for hotels, other service providers
and local authorities are correct and necessary.
15. Coordinate with local authorities on Irregular Migrants activities
in area of responsibility.
16. Coordinate with Operations Assistant II and Operations Officer to
arrange the transportation for IM's movement.
17. Escort IM's on the movement as required and ensure that
specific duties as escort are carried out efficiently and effectively.
Close coordination with operations officer is necessary for this task.
18. Ensure that all relevant staff is informed of any change in
19. Coordinate with Operations Assistant II for handling resettlement
and voluntary repatriation on IM movement to ensure accurate and updated
20. Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which
are commensurate to the position.
Diploma in Arabic Language, management, Economics, Political, social
science, or business and counselling. A university degree in any of
these fields will be highly regarded. At least one to three years of
experience in any of these fields, particularly as an Arabic Translator
and in dealing with migrants and trainings.
Effective organizational skill and ability to establish priorities and
plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines.
Proficient in computer applications.
Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal
skills, high loyalty, ability to work in a multi - cultural environment
and good working in team.
Fluency in Arabic and English both oral and written.
For more detail info about us, please visit www.iom.or.id