Cardno Acil is part of a global consulting organization which manages projects for major donors, delivering aid work in core disciplines such as education, health, HIV/AIDS, governance, resource and environment management and infrastructure. Our work expands across Europe, Latin & North America, Asia, the Pacific and Africa. With over 2,500 staff worldwide, our vision is to be a leader in the provision of physical and social infrastructure.
Cardno Acil is the Managing Contractor (MCPM) for the Australia-Indonesia Basic Education Program (AIBEP). A major role for the AIBEP is to support the current initiatives set by the Government of Indonesia to improve the quality of education through a number of major inputs.
MCPM administration includes an internal compliance and audit unit which is responsible for monitoring systems and processes to identify risks and to recommend improvements in process. This unit which has in the past undertaken audits of school construction committees (SCCs) will continue that work and will collaborate with BAWASDA in doing so. This unit will also be the main point of contact with the promotions arm of the anti corruption body (KPK) and will assist in engaging KPK with BAWASDA.
Title of Position:
Duration and Timing of Inputs:
12 months, full time
Jakarta with travel to pilot districts
Qualifications and experience:
• Extensive accounting, financial management and auditing skills and experience, preferably in both public and private sector environments;
• Demonstrated understanding and experience of capacity development approaches in developing countries and/or communities and with government and/or non-government agencies;
• High-level interpersonal, cross-cultural and negotiating skills;
• Ability to assess and work sensitively in a cross cultural context;
• An understanding of gender, human rights and HIV & AIDS and a preparedness to mainstream these into development activities;
• An understanding and appreciation of Indonesian society and the advantages and constraints it may place on achieving change.
• Industry recognised qualification;
• Experience and local knowledge of the Indonesian financial and legislation and regulations.
• BAWASDA are performing school construction audits.
The adviser will work with the PMU at MONE and encourage a closer relationship with the IG MONE to strengthen BAWASDA at the pilot districts where AI-BEP construction activities are taking place. The advisor will support BAWASDA to develop its capacity to produce audit reports of BEP constructed schools in the pilot districts that reflects the implementation of standardised audit procedures.
• School audits undertaken follow guidelines
The advisor will work to facilitate dialogue and collaboration between the PMU (directorate SMP in particular) with the (IG) MONE to encourage school construction audit activities as a priority. It is hoped that this may result an agreement with IG MONE to provide resources (audit guidelines, trainers etc) to BAWASDA in pilot districts. The advisor will support PMU on next steps based on those audit reports. At BAWASDA level, the advisor will support the use of the audit guidelines for future school construction projects. PMU will also be supported to disseminate the results of these activities as an embedded part of their construction activities.
• Audit Guidelines developed, agreed and piloted at school level;
• Enhanced use of ;
• Auditor capacity enhanced.
• Work with the pilot districts to build capacity in auditing and fraud reduction in relation to AI-BEP construction activities;
• Assist BAWASDA Auditors to develop work plans and develop / refine audit programs, to develop better working relationships with and demonstrate the importance of school construction audit to senior management and to liaise with senior management with respect to explaining the results, outcomes and recommendations from audits;
• Provide advice and guidance to the PMU as and when requested, and assist in building audit capacity in support of the PMU;
• Support AIBEP gender and access related activities;
• Perform other duties as required.
*** Please submit a comprehensive resume, current & expected salary to: hr.dept@mcpm- aibep.or. id
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing date for applications is 12 April 2009.