International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent ( IFRC ) on behalf of American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the tsunami affected countries in Asia and in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit www.redcross. org/tsunamirelie fdisaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in
The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in , Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
We are seeking dynamic individuals to fill the :
POSITION : Staff Wellness Specialist
No of Hired : 1 Person
Base of Assignment : Banda Aceh
Type of contract : Fixed term
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategy Development & planning
· Develop staff wellness strategies that includes program plans for capacity building, policies and resource needs required at personal, group and infrastructural level
· Prepare annual operating/budget plan of staff wellness programs
· Assist program managers in preparing staff wellness operating budget/plans and activities
2. Resource acquisition and management
Network with professional institution for resource related to staff wellness, skill development and counseling or professional advisory related service.
Develop staff capacity to:
· Improve communication skill
· Prioritize skill development of staff which broadens their opportunities.
4. Network & Coordination
a)Network with other organization and professionals to gain insight on capacity development opportunities for staff or resource in technical or professional areas interest.
b) Collaborate with program managers in the field in staff wellness issues
5.Management and leadership
a) Manage overall staff wellness program for staff in the Indonesia office
b) Develop policies and/or contribute to support system for staff well being service for:
· Health care access and services that include life threatening illness
· Staff Security
· Facility for women staff during breastfeeding periods
· Project Phase out
· Referrals for counseling services for staff and family members
· Life balance practice
Decision making authority & Controls:
1. Own Decision
· Staff wellness program implementation within approved budget
· Procurement of goods and service within the approved LOA.
· Invitation to outside support to advise staff on life or professional decision making
2. Must consult superior before deciding
· Joining cross functional team
· Building partners and relationship with other institution and government
· Provision of service (expertise) to other institution
3.Must obtain approval superior before taking action:
· Staff wellness strategy, annual goals and budget plans
· Contract & legal agreements with external parties
· Own business trip and international travel for team members
· Deviation or exception to ARC/IFRC office standards, strategies and policies
· Joining network and consortium with other organization
· Making unbudgeted procurement and staffing needs
· Capital assets procurement and imported goods
· Participate or join regional and global initiatives
· Collaborate with Arc team in the provision and development of HR material/tools
· Coordination and working closely with ARC 9SMT) in the implementation of staff wellness program/activities.
· Network with technical and professional resource that may be leveraged or contracted to provide technical assistance in improving professional life skills.
* Network with professional counseling services and crisis centers in the staff wellbeing program.
1. Educational qualification:
Under graduate degree (bachelor) in HR development, psychology, administration, Social development management or related field
2. Professional experiences:
· Requires 3 -5 years experiences in with understanding of Human resource management in the areas of staff wellness, international organization (i.e INGO)
· A proven record of developing people in a cross-cultural setting
· Experience in capacity development – including skill development, vocational training, business development, etc.
Technical related Job specifics:
· Experience in capacity building, skills development and HR development
· Good facilitator
4. Core Capabilities:
· Rapport with and respect of colleagues
· Sensitivity to the problems of other-natural emphaty
· Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to hr@amredcross. org put Job title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after April 7, 2009 will not be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply