United Nations World Food Programme
, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible
candidates for the following position:
Position: National Programme Officer (Coordinator)
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: Initial 3 months with possibility for extension
Duty Station: Jayapura, Indonesia
Accountabilities: Within assigned Area-Office, under the direct supervision of
the head of area office/DCD, the NPO will be responsible for the following
1. Undertake negotiations for and prepare project documents
with governments and cooperating partners;
2. Organize project planning missions, meetings and briefing
sessions to identify and analyze problems and recommend project;
3. Carry out advocacy and information related tasks for
project/programme activities such as making interventions and presentations in
meetings, workshops, seminars, missions, etc;
4. Prepare status and progress reports by providing information and
background. Material for use in discussions and briefing sessions;
5. Evaluate, develop, recommend procedures, participates in
discussions on new/revised procedures and practices; interprets and assesses the
impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow up actions;
6. Map out ongoing food security and nutrition activities and plans
of the government, UN agencies, NGO and other (private sector);
7. Map out the various government budgets and funds that are
relevant to the food security and nutrition improvements;
8. Map out the various community development
facilitates/administrators who could take an active role in the dissemination of
food security and nutrition solutions;
9. Explore food security and nutrition training potential for out
reach/extension of basic understanding of food security and nutrition, this
would also include hygiene and best practices. This training could also include
government officers who are stationed in remote areas;
10. Explore how to strengthen medium and longer term response and
preparedness issues. This strategy will be supported by various assessments,
consultations and involvement of key players.
11. Map out potential training institutions where basic food security
and nutrition training could be conducted.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education:University degree and/or equivalent experience with emphasis in one or
more of the following disciplines: economics, agriculture, international
affairs, business administration, social sciences, development studies or a
field relevant to international development assistance.
Experience:At least one year postgraduate job related experience in commerce,
development, administration or food aid support.
Knowledge:Training and/or experience utilizing computers including word
processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and system.
General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures
Language:Fluency in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female
candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed
to: World Food Programme, . E-mail: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV (in English), a photograph and
three references and should be received no later than . Please
state the title of the post in the email subject.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”