IOM Indonesia is looking for Project Engineer Coordinator for Imigrasi Quarantine Support (IQS) project, according to the terms of reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to
email@example.com not later than 10 December 2010 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2010/082
Position Title : Project Engineer Coordinator
Classification : Employee, Grade 7
Duty Station : Medan – Indonesia
Type & duration of contract: Special All Inclusive Contract, 6 months with possibility of extension
(subject to the medical clearance)
The objectives of Imigrasi Quarantine Support (IQS) project are to strengthen and enhance Indonesia’s capacity to manage irregular migrants intercepted in Indonesia by improving quarantine facilities through
provision of support to physical infrastructure enhancement
Under the direct project supervision of the Project Manager (PM) and the overall guidance and responsibility entrusted under the Senior Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the site supervision, planning, project controls, monitoring and reporting functions of the civil and structural work activities in the project in relevant to the construction management of the Imigrasi Quarantine Support (IQS) project. In particular, he/she will:
1. Supervise all field engineers and oversee the work of multiple engineering consultants on various locations.
2. Report to Project Manager (PM) in the execution of day-to-day management of the project , ability to assist the PM as project team leader / coordinator in assisting PM in overseeing the construction management of project ie: coordinate, review and approve the consultant engineering design adequacy in the site, develop quality management plan and procedures for Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) engineer site supervision and support staffs, and oversee field engineers work and submit periodic reports to PM
3. Ensure and oversee, that the implementation and controls of project quality plan and procedures (PQP/ PQSP) is maintained by engineer.
4. Conduct site assessments and develop scope of works
5. Conduct surveys and determine necessary improvements of construction sites including: civil, electrical, mechanical and other work.
6. Provide design input, develop new designs and technical solutions according to (Standar Nasional Indonesia) SNI and Imigrasi standards.
7. Responsible in the C&S design reviews , and overall project controls
8. Oversee the Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC) monitoring of the C&S works activities during construction , testing and commissioning, through substantial completion / handover of the project
9. Ensure strict compliance with the IOM Operational Guidelines and code of ethic and assure that works are implemented in accordance with the scope of work and the service agreement.
10. In consultation with the Project Manager, coordinate with IMIGRASI concerning any issues generated during the course of implementation of the project
11. Prepare the periodic reports on the status / program of project and assure that site engineer reports and submittal are on time.
12. Report any project difficulties/problems in construction process and activities to supervisor
13. In the absence of Project Manager, report to Senior Programme Manager for project decision and advice.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
University degree in civil engineering with a combination of relevant project management training, and field experience working in Indonesia project related environment . A minimum of five years C&S site project supervision and project coordinator experience.
Experience in liaising with governmental and local authorities as well as with international institutions. Sound knowledge of project management planning, evaluation and project controls. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports. good knowledge in local Indonesian SNI codes and standards is mandatory. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, project management tools and advanced in
Good communications and negotiation skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Drive for results and effective resource management skills. Demonstrated track record in leading and working effectively with colleagues from varied cultures and professional background in order to achieve desired goals. Ability to manage workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standard practices. Able to work with minimum supervision and maintain composure under pressure
Thorough knowledge of English and bahasa Indonesia.
For more detail info about us, please visit www.iom.or.id