The ASEAN Secretariat seeks a qualified candidate to fill the post of Technical Officer – Economics under the Strategic Planning & Coordination Division.
Key Functions of the Position
1. Support the AADCP II Senior Economist to assist the Assistant Director of Strategic Planning and Coordination Division in working with the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Department on the implementation of the AEC Blueprint.
2. Support the AADCP II Senior Economist to provide high level policy and technical advise and recommendations in line with the AEC Blueprint.
3. Ensure the effective development, implementation and evaluation of programmes and/or projects in support of the AEC, particularly those under the AADCP II.
4. Ensure effective information dissemination, communication and reporting.
Detailed Responsibilities of the Key Functions
1. Provide support to the Senior Economist with respect to issues relating to economic policy and research work for relevant Sub-Committee/Working Groups.
2. Support the Senior Economist in preparing background papers, briefs, reports and updates and provide substantive input concerning economic policy and research and AEC regional implementation mechanisms and capacity building matters.
3. Coordinate the activities and provide the required support for the identification, development, implementation and monitoring of economic policy and research and AEC regional implementation mechanisms and capacity building projects.
4. Coordinate responses to queries from Member Countries and external sources with respect to the ASEAN economic policy and research and AEC regional implementation mechanisms and capacity building work.
5. Coordinate responses to queries from Member Countries and external sources with respect to the ASEAN economic policy and research and AEC regional implementation mechanisms and capacity building work.
5. Prepare information materials and other publications for public dissemination and coordinate with Public Affairs Office in organising programmes on economic policy and research and AEC regional implementation mechanisms and capacity building matters.
6. Monitor the development of other economic policy development and research bodies (within and without the region), as well as trends in regional and international economic integration issues.
7. Conduct consultations with various dialogue partners, including Australia, Japan, EC, and USA on economic policy and research matters.
- At least Bachelors degree in Economics or relevant disciplines; MA or equivalent preferred.
- At least five years of relevant experience with proven record of accomplishment and exposure dealing with a wide range of economic policy and research issues at national or regional level.
Requirements of the Position
- Work within the core values of the ASEAN Secretariat
- Follow the ISO 9001: 2000 compliance
- Candidate must be an Indonesian citizen or ASEAN national with permanent residence status in Indonesia
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as well as in cross-cultural setting
- Ability to travel when necessary
Successful candidate will be offered the post with a probation period of six months and monthly salary commensurate with his/her personal qualifications and negotiable starting from IDR 12,500,000. There are other applicable benefits which include medical and annual performance bonus. Upon completion of the probationary period, the candidate will be confirmed for a two-year contract, inclusive of the six-month probationary period, in the first instance.
How to Apply
Visit our website at http://www.asean.org/jobs/AADCP-9b.pdf for further information on job specifications and application procedures. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.