SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s continuing evolution into a peaceful, just and democratic nation with respect for pluralism and protection of human rights for all citizens, accomplished through rapid and flexible programmatic, administrative and logistical support for USAID’s strategic grants and technical assistance program to mitigate social conflict and support peace building initiatives nationwide. Our program currently includes activities planned for Aceh, Papua, Sulawesi , and the Malukus. SERASI is implemented by the International Relief and Develop (IRD), an international non-profit organization in Indonesia . SERASI seeks individuals for the position of :
Title : SERASI Grants Officer
Department : Grants
Supervisor : East Indonesia Program Manager
Location : Ambon
General Description of Role:
The Grants Officer is responsible for implementing the overall grants activities for SERASI field office. And for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet grants procedure and guidelines.
1. Contribute to the contents of the grants manual and the formulation of grants guidelines.
2. Undertake all substantive grant related activities for all SERASI grants once they are signed.
3. Ensure grantee compliance for program elements and for financial transaction against budgets.
4. Work closely with financial section and procurement section to ensure good procurement and to monitor overall budget and expenditure.
5. Prepare financial analyses and program spending and gathered all data in PBMS format to be given and reported to the Grants Manager.
6. Act as a member of the Grants Selection Committee.
7. Work closely with M and E colleagues to ensure grantees report against agreed-on indicators.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the East Indonesia Program Manager.
Minimum diploma degree in relevant field is required (relevant experience may substitute the degree). Minimum 3 years working experiences in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization is preferred. Having knowledge, understanding, and application of rules and regulations to the execution of grants, and contracts to grantee.
* Having knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
* Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Strong analytical and organizations skills, including extreme attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet competing deadlines.
* Demonstrated experience with financial reporting and monitoring of large amounts of grant funds.
* Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment with regard to budget and program issues.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiations skills, including the ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with all staff and grantee
* Flexibility and ability to work in a team approach in implementing project tasks, responsibilities and goals.
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business purposes. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
If you think you are up to the challenge, write to us email the latest on September 8th , 2009 and include a cover letter, your CV, 3 references, and your salary history/expectation s to:
Suite 904, 9th Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman No 32
Email: opportunity@ ird.or.id
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IRD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER