Title: Programme Administrator/ Programme Officer
Duty Station: Jakarta, Republic of Indonesia
Responsible to: Programme Manager Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme
Coordinates with: IDBP Program staff at national and provincial level, Hivos PO SED, Hivos ROSEA Director, Technical Advisors, support staff and stakeholders.
Duration: October 1, 2009 to September 30, 2010 (extension possible).
Closing date : 14 September 2009
Since 15 May 2009, Hivos is running the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (IDBP), funded by the Dutch government. This programme is undertaken in close cooperation with SNV Netherlands Development organisation.
The overall objective of the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme is to disseminate domestic bio-digesters as a local and sustainable energy source through the development of a market oriented sector in selected provinces.
The specific objectives of the Programme contributing to its overall objective are:
• To support implementation of provincial bio-digester programmes and increase the number of quality domestic bio-digesters with 8,000 in maximum eight provinces, of which 2,000 installations will be outside Java;
• To ensure the continued operation of all bio-digesters installed under the programme;
• To maximise the benefits of the operated bio-digesters, in particular the optimal use of digester slurry;
• To develop the capacity of existing organisations and institutions and to facilitate establishment of organisations and institutions for the continued and sustained development of the bio-digester sector;
• To develop financial services to enable poor farmer households to participate in the biogas programmes;
• To effectively exchange knowledge between all relevant actors in the programme and with relevant international actors.
The Programme intends to recruit a Program Administrator who supports the Programme Manager in securing the quality of the Program Administration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Program Administrator will, as part of the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme team in Jakarta, be responsible for the proper implementation of Programme Administration at the national level and provide backup for the Provincial Coordinators in the Provincial Programme Offices.
• Draft, discuss, negotiate and finalize partnership agreements, contracts and other agreements with stakeholders (gov, NGOs, private sector, cooperatives) .
• Liaise with stakeholders (gov, NGOs, private sector, cooperatives) and maintain a network to support the development of a biogas sector
• Draft job descriptions, lead or assist in recruitment of IDBP staff at national and provincial level.
• Assist in the preparation of Terms of Reference for consultants and programme activities.
• Assist in discussing, drafting and updating of standard operation guidelines for the IDBP.
• Assist in monitoring the internal management of the IDBP.
• Assist in developing a knowledge base within the IDBP for wider use.
• Contribute to Programme development strategies.
• Assist the Programme Manager in additional tasks as requested.
Requirements for the job
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and/or skills:
• University degree in business, finance, economy, social sciences or a related field.
• 7 years relevant work experience with proven track record in programme management or business management.
• Proven track record in programme administration, both the programmatic as well as the financial-administr ative side;
• Experienced in drafting and executing contracts, partnership agreements, procurement of goods and services;
• Experience with the functioning of government/public sector, private sector and civil society organizations, including private public partnerships;
• Knowledge of and experience with community development, social inclusion and gender, renewable energy sector and non-for-profit sector preferred;
• Experience with participatory techniques, coaching, knowledge management, learning and team building;
• Excellent English language skills (TOEFL 575 or higher) – an English language test may be part of the selection procedure;
• Willingness to travel (around 20%)
Starting date: October 1, 2009 (negotiable)
Interested candidates can send CV and a cover letter to the following email address :
firstname.lastname@example.org. id with reference code "VacProgram Admin/PO Officer – Biogas".
Applications without a proper cover letter will not be considered.
Applications should include the names of at least three references.