The American Red Crosshelps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. As a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and one of more than 20 National Societies working with PMI in Indonesia, the American Red Cross is currently implementing its development programs in Banda Aceh, Aceh Utara, Lamno and Calang with a liaison office in Jakarta.
The work of the American Red Cross in Indonesia is focused on 6 main areas: water and sanitation, community infrastructure, psychosocial support, health (avian flu, community-based first aid, social mobilization and youth red-cross), disaster management and livelihood support.
We implement our work directly, through partnership with host national societies, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations.
The American Red Cross Tsunami is currently seeking a CIP Project Manager (1 person) to be based in Banda Aceh for a 4 month fixed term contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead, manage and administer CIP activities in daily basis
· Apply the project management principles to ensure achievement in the term of time, quality and proper documentation.
· Provide technical reviews and guide engineering designs using government standards of construction, scope of work, estimated budget and method of implementation for
· Prepare procurement request for each project, coordinate with ARC operations,
procurement and finance department for selection and supervision of contractor.
· Provide distance monitoring on ongoing projects through project
· Field verification visit on each site for quality assurance and track progress for
each project on periodical time basis.
· Maintain periodic documentation of project progress tracking, monitoring and
· Prepare and issue project progress and completion certification, verify payment claims
· Maintain adequate coordination and communication with internal and external stake
· Maintain constant communication with respective government agencies to verify project designs according to criteria and incorporate their feedbacks into project and
· Asst. project audit during construction period.
· Any other task assigned by direct supervisor.
* Civil Engineering degree from reputed university in Indonesia
* Minimum 7-10 years working experience in the construction fields.
* Proficiency on preparing engineering designs, project monitoring and management for tracking progress and quality assurance.
* Experience in preparing and coordinating procurement for construction projects, contract management and dealing with consultants essential.
* Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and spoken)
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English to hr@amredcross. org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max.
500KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications
submitted after Sept 9, 2009 will not be considered. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.