Position Title : Finance Assistant (Internship)
Period of work : 3-6 Months (with possible extension)
Report To : Finance Manager
Department : Finance Department
Closing date : Sep 1, 2009
Academy for Educational Development (AED) manages scholarship programs for
USAID. The goal of the program is to train a new generation of Indonesian
leaders in such fields as Education, Health, Environment, Governance and
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant
(Internship) will carry out the following functions:
1. Responsible for petty cash and handle petty cash requirements of the
project and the maintenance of weekly balance book to support petty cash and
possess the physical balance of petty cash.
2. Ensure strictly that payments are being made after receiving approval
from appropriate authority and to make sure all payments have attached
proper supporting documents based on accounting procedures such as
Invoices, Purchase Orders (PO), Delivery Orders (DO), Supplier Matrices
including Justifications, Original Receipts, Authorization Signatures, and
other related documents.
3. Maintain an efficient filing system of all program documents.
4. Participate in the preparation of monthly reports to the AED Home
5. Performs any other job-related duties as required
Minimum of Diploma 3 (D3) degree in Accounting
Relevant experience in Finance work.
Good oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesia
* Honest, accurate, punctual, and a team player
* Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office software
* Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
* Works with material that needs to be kept confidential.
The deadline for receiving applications is Sep 1, 2009. No applicants will
be accepted after that date.
Please send application letter & curriculum vitae (CV) to below address:
Academy for Educational Development
or our email address:
Attn: Finance Manager