Action contre la Faim (AcF) is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit making humanitarian organization. In Indonesia , its projects address the areas of water and sanitation, food security, and disaster preparedness. Activities including repair and construction of infrastructures, construction of showers and latrines, hygiene education, distribution of farming and fishing equipment, support to income-generating activities, and socioeconomic and environmental impact studies.
If you are dynamic and professional person, we are offering you a unique opportunity to develop your skills in a multicultural environment: . PSYCHOSOCIAL WORKER
Deadline for submission of applications: 3rd September ,2009
Terms of Reference
Post Code: RJA 12/Psychosocial/ Prog/VIII/ 09
Post Title: PSYCHOSOCIAL WORKER
Location/Duty Station: Soe - NTT
Starting Date: Immediately
Contract Determined 3 month, possible to be extended
· Implemented integrated psychosocial/ care practices education curriculum based on community needs
· Participate in implicating the beneficiary communities in the project :
· Implemented and supervise of psychosocial activities by local NGO staff and health kaders (technical supervision)
· Monitoring the psychosocial activities
Desired Qualifications :
* Indonesian citizen, Bachelor degree in Psychology or related field.
* Strong experience in psychologist in relation with child development and direct community work.
* Experiment in nutrition and especially infant feeding and care practices will be an additional value
* Analytical skills
* Oral and written communication skills, computer skills (reporting and data analysis)
* At least 5 years professional experience with NGO’s,
* Good organizational skills
* Good presentation and communication: ability to speak in front of numerous beneficiaries and authorities
* Good knowledge of Indonesian Ministry of Health structures and policies
* Fluent Bahasa Indonesian and English (spoken and written)
* Able to work in remote area
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to applyand should submit a one-page cover letter stating current and expected salaries, updated CV in English and latest photograph, together with complete contact details of two professional referees (if possible) as attachment to:
(Please put the Post Title + your name in the email subject)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All ACF members are committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: independence, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism and transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.