The Institute for Essential Services Reform (IeSR) (www.iesr-indonesia .org), a small but powerful Non Governmental Organization working on energy, electricity and climate change issues, in Jakarta, is looking for dynamic and vibrant young people to fill up position on:
Climate and Energy Program Officer
She/He will be responsible to assist the
implementation of the energy and climate change program in the institute
together with the program coordinator. The main tasks include: assisting the implementation
of research activities, management of activities, writing reports, papers and
preparing project proposals, as well as to develop IESR’s energy and climate
change activities. Responsibilities would also include outreach and building
partnership and networking with civil society organizations.
Key requirements are:
* Having a strong passion to work in non-governmental sector and want to learn people’s struggle;
* Honest, brave, creative, and smart;
* University graduate, preferably in engineering, environment, economics (development study), or equivalent works experience, advance degree will be an advantage;
* Basic understanding on climate change both adaptation, mitigation issues and climate change policies will be an advantage;
* Excellent research and writing skills;
* Active English will be advantage;
* At least have 1 year experience working in public or non-governmental organization (NGOs);
* Able to work in independent and in the team;
* Willing to travel and working with community.
Interested applicants are invited to send a
written application consisting of (1) Application letter, (2) Curriculum Vitae
(CV) and, (3) a short essay (600 – 1000 words) on the any topic related to the
climate change issues.
Application must be received before September 1th,
2009, please send to recruitment. iesr@gmail. com,
please write in the subject line: Application for Climate and Energy Program
Successful candidate will be offered minimum 2
years contract and receive take home pay around Rp. 3 to 3.5 million, depending
on qualification, plus medical insurance and other benefits.