Muslim Aid is an international charity and development agency based in London
with 25 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life
for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently
operating in more than 70 countries with 13 field offices. Our vision is a
world of peace, compassion and justice where all people achieve fulfillment in
all aspects of their lives. In Indonesia our main programs include Flood
mitigation, Shelter and Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda Aceh,
and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Padang.
Muslim Aid Yogyakarta Sub-Field Office is currently looking for a qualified and
committed candidate to fill the following position:
Position title : Livelihood Officer
Report to : Yogyakarta Sub-Field Office Coordinator
Duty Station : Yogyakarta
Type of Contract : 3 months (with possibility of extension)
The Livelihood Officer will be responsible for the following:
1. Assist the Program Officer in implementing project activities, working
closely with communities, local government, local organizations, and other
Muslim Aid representatives.
2. Ensure the community is well-informed about the objectives of Muslim Aid
Livelihood program’s objectives and the roles and responsibilities of all
3. Conduct needs assessments, surveys, and analysis to determine
sustainable Livelihood strategy approaches in target community
4. Responsible for proper, timely and accurate Livelihood report on a
regular basis including maintaining an accountable record system
5. Assist target beneficiaries in improving business management plan and
assessing the feasibility of interventions
6. Act as a focal point for Muslim Aid in the field and record and resolve
complaints in accordance with the established protocol.
7. Assist the Program Officer in establishing and maintaining an effective
and accountable mechanism for improving Livelihood system of Muslim Aid based on
local social background
8. Assist the Program Officer in the preparing concise reports on monthly
basis assessing the progress of the program.
9. Identify any constraints and issues, particularly in relation to the
community and target beneficiaries, and implement a solution focused approach.
10. Assist in undertaking initiatives promoting Muslim Aid’s image and
activities in the program region.
1. Posses academic background in social sciences (e.g. economics, rural
development, business administration, management, communication,
anthropology, etc) or alternatively combination or related education and
1. Previous experience in livelihood, SME activities, training and
2. Good knowledge and experience of working with local partner agencies
3. Familiar with the local culture of the target community, able to
develop respect from a wide range of people and poses strong ability to
4. Computer literateand Good reporting skills
5. Self-confident and comfortable with public speaking
6. Good interpersonal skills
7. Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change
8. NGO experience is preferred
Applicants should submit a cover letter & updated CV (stating current and
expected salaries and include at least three references with contact
information) as attachment to email@example.com the position
applied as the subject of the e-mail. Example : Livelihood Officer, Subject must
be: [LO] Your Name. Applications must be submitted at the latest 5 (three) days
after the vacancy published and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Muslim Aid gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or