Position title: IT Specialist (ITS)
Closing date: August, 16th 2011
Work hours: Full time, 40 hours/week
Basic Salary: 116,373,611 – annually.
The United States Peace Corps program in Indonesia seeks qualified and
motivated candidates for the following position.
The position reports directly to the Director of Management and
Operations (DMO) with technical guidance provided by the International
Technology Support (ITS) group in Washington, DC.
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist is an essential position
which keeps all the network and communication systems at post
functioning so that data can be accessed and exchanged securely at all
The IT Specialist is the primary contact for first-tier technical
support at an overseas post: administering the local IT systems,
maintaining ITS mandated configurations, and ensuring that all IT
systems adhere to Peace Corps and US Government policy.
The IT Specialist has to provide formal or informal training to users
who have varying degrees of technical proficiency. Training is
conducted on software applications, hardware and software
troubleshooting and the appropriate use of IT in the workplace.
Experience in this field is required.
The IT Specialist has to have the knowledge on how to asses an
organizational need, customizing available solutions and applications
to meet specific needs.
Daily tasks will be managed by the DMO, yet the incumbent is expected
to exercise initiative, independent judgment and skill while carrying
out recurring duties.
• Fluency in Indonesian and English
• At least two to three years experience in network administration,
• Completion of education or training resulting in a baccalaureate
degree, or the completion of five-years of work experience including
the completion of continuing education programs annually.
• Having skill in Windows System Administration (Windows Server 2003
and later) and Windows scripting
• Having skill in Operating System Security Hardening and Security Patching
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, application software (SQL
Server, Symantec EP, Symantec Backup Exec, Exchange, Forefront), and
network hardware (Cisco routers)
• Able to troubleshoot any hardware (IBM, HP, Dell etc)
• Prior experience in developing basic sharepoint workflow, excel
macro or other development tools would be an advantage
• Plan and perform appropriate procedure, documentation, inventory
assessment, and other procedures related to IT
• Ability to work independently
• Self-motivated and good project management, interpersonal &
• Able to build and give training materials to users
Please submit your CV and Application Letter in English to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (in PDF format)
Peace Corps Indonesia is a US Government program partnering with the
government of Indonesia to help meet training needs in Indonesia and
encourage the bond and cultural understanding between the two
Peace Corps brings volunteers from the United States to work in
Indonesian schools to assist in the development of English language
Peace Corps office is located in Surabaya and unfortunately Peace
Corps cannot provide any assistance in moving to the area.
Bimo Arioseno, MCSE, CCNA.
Bringing the magic of IT to the world, bringing the world to the magic of IT.