International NGO seeks an Agile Web Application Developer for an initial 8 (eight) month period position with a possibility of extension. He/she will work under the supervision of the Project Manager and assist with the implementation of an IFES project. The position is Jakarta based and full time. Anticipated start is 15 August 2011.
IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle in countries around the world to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries.
IFES Indonesia has received AusAID funding to support the strengthening of the electoral environment in Indonesia. The project is currently fully funded for nine months starting 1 August 2011, but expects to have new funding from the same donor to at least through the 2014 national elections. The program provides assistance to stakeholders such as the KPU and national civic society organizations. The program will have two international and 10 national professional staff and is situated in the business district on Jl. Sudirman.
Developers would work in an Agile development environment including test driven development and continuous build processes to create nation-wide large system prototypes for our customer which will house and handle up to millions of customer records. The Agile Web Application Developer will:
• Be responsible for the whole Software Development Life Cycle, from requirements to deployment;
• Create specifications for an integrated registration system while working in close conjunction with the customer and as directed by the senior technology expert;
• Develop codes and documents system prototypes: user interface design and web/server communications, and database structure;
• Analyze existing available customer's data sources to detect and remedy systematic flaws through data mining and data querying;
• Develop plans and procedures to establish a data management unit/division;
• Create a quality control program for customer database;
• Create statistical reports to support all project planning and quality control initiatives;
• Build a database infrastructure (Hardware and Software) to support the development of customer's system which includes a full administration and data security plan;
• Implement and administer customer's system prototypes while planning for regular tasks including: execution of test cases, upgrades, performance monitoring, installations, managing replication, diagnosing system problems, disaster recovery testing and maintaining user accessibility;
• Perform a skills inventory of Customer's Information and Technology Team capacity and propose a training program to ensure their ability to maintain any developed system;
• Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, data dictionary definitions, policies, testing schedule, and regulations for database security, integrity and availability.
Applicants should have:
• A university degree;
• Appreciation of all aspects of IT: software development, support, purchasing, service level agreements, production environments, configuration management, capacity planning, infrastructure, security, etc;
• Ability to examine, analyze, and adjust SQL queries for best performance is required;
• Experienced in front end and back end web programming, especially with national-scale projects;
• Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your letter of application and detailed resume at the latest on 8 August 2011 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position you will apply for on the subject of the email. Only application in English will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries.