Save the children is a leading non profit humanitarian relief and development organization working in more than 120 countries throughout the world. Our mission is to create lasting, positive change in the lives of children in need. has grown enormously in the
country and today we operate in 13 provinces across Indonesia. Our program approach now brings long term and sustainable benefits to more Indonesian children and we work to establish effective, self-sustaining approaches to issues related to child protection, health, education,
livelihoods, emergency response and . Save the Children partners with children, communities, local organizations and the government of Indonesia to transform the lives of Indonesia children and their families. Currently Save the Children has an immediate need for experienced staffs to improve the well-being of children by integrating water and sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion in 225 primary schools in three provinces of Indonesia with this project. The post based will be defined between NTT or .
Save the Children in Indonesia (SCiIDN) proposes to improve the well-being of children by integrating water and sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion in 225 primary schools in three provinces of Indonesia: Papua (Sorong District), NTT (Belu District) and Sulawesi (Soppeng District). In partnership with and Care, the WISE (WASH in Schools Empowerment) program will support four main activities: 1) design and construction of cost-efficient, low-technology sanitation facilities in schools, 2) hygiene promotion in schools and communities,
3) creation of an enabling environment for improving sanitation, and 4) monitoring, evaluation, learning, and sharing of best practices. Save the Children will lead the three agencies in planning, implementing, and monitoring school-based activities, including hygiene promotion in
schools, training teachers and parents about good hygiene behavior, expanding the Little Doctors (Doktor Kecil) peer education program, and improving school-based management of hygiene activities.
In addition, with funding from Wrigley's SCiIDN will integrate an oral health component into WISE. This will include 1) distribution of toothbrush/tool paste, 2) integration of school based oral health promotion into the curriculum and school activities, and 3) school based
WISE (WASH in Schools Empowerment) Project Manager
(code: WISE PM) - 1 post
The WISE Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the financial management, programmatic implementation and monitoring/evaluation of the WISE project, and integrated Wrigley-funded activities. The PM will be the primary representative of SC in the WISE and for project stakeholders including but not limited to provincial and district
education officials and other Government of Indonesia counterparts. S/he is expected to travel regularly to the three project areas (South Sulawesi, NTT and Papua) as well as to for SC, Wise and other representational meetings. S/he will also produce draft programmatic
reports and approve submission to Jakarta of draft field-level financial
The incumbent is responsible to provide secretarial, administrative, finance and program-related support to SC/SNL to ensure the programme in line with Save the Children objectives.
1. Provide team leadership in project strategy, management and monitoring and evaluation to ensure achievement of the WISE and Wrigley's project's objectives in accordance with the approved results framework and project design.
2. Through regular communication and collaboration with Care and UNICEF Wise Project teams ensure SC detailed implementation plan, and M and E framework is synchronized with WISE consortium work plan and M and E framework.
3. Provide effective management and supervision to project team including two district managers, hygiene specialist, oral health specialist, project officer, and admin/finance support staff.
4. Ensure financial resources are effectively and efficiently managed according to approved WISE and Wrigley's budget, donor requirements and regulations, and SCiIDN financial controls. Incooperation with Program Director/Senior Health Manager and grants unit conduct financial planning and request budget realignment when necessary.
5. Establish and develop strong and effective relationships with key government and non government stakeholders at provincial and district level to improve WASH and in schools, including health and education authorities, UNICEF provincial/district staff, and local and international NGOs.
6. Ensure timely submission of high quality Dubai Care and Wrigley's donor reports, monthly project manager reports, case studies, and SCiIDN monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
7. Ensure high quality technical implementation and monitoring and evaluation of all project interventions according to global best practices, WISE standards, and lessons learned from SC SHN and WASH programming in Indonesia and globally.
8. Maintain regular communication with SC School Health and Nutrition Unit to report on Wise project activities and to engage in global discussions on WASH/SHN best practices
9. Contribute to overall SCiIDN program by being an active participant in SC Extended , actively sharing WISE program progress and lessons learned, contributing to the development of country annual plan and through participation in quarterly meetings, and
contribution to country office annual plan and report.
* Bachelors University Degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
* At least 5 years work experience with non-government organizations in the areas of health, or education and in managing development programs, preferably with international NGOs.
* Proven skills to effectively build and manage a team.
* Proven track record of successful project management in rural Indonesia
* Proven ability to manage financial resources according to donor and organization regulations and reporting requirements
* Knowledge and skills in methods to promote hygiene practices in primary schools
* Knowledge and skills to promote child friendly active, joyful, and innovated learning. and/or child friendly
* Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports and other project documents in Bahasa and English
* Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural team
* Strong written and spoken skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
* Computer literate.
* Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and pleasant
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to email@example.com
Please fill the "subject" column of the e-mails in this format: code of the position <...> - your name <...>. Closing date for application is 5 (five) days after this advertisement (Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect SC's commitment to protecting children from abuse
Qualified women encouraged to apply