The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization
Our Regional Delegation in Jakarta is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Assistant Diplomatic Adviser
§ Consulting with various stakeholders and helping to define internal and external needs and expectations, e.g. ICRC vis-à-vis ASEAN.
§ Monitoring, researching, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of the ICRC stakeholder relations, including but not limited to, relations in the multilateral context. Making recommendations to bring appropriate improvements.
§ Providing written analyses on the multilateral political, social, security and humanitarian environment in the region as well as specific countries, as well as targeted research on issues of interest for the ICRC.
§ Improving the level of knowledge and acceptance of IHL/IHRL in the region and within ASEAN in particular
§ Establishing and maintaining a comprehensive stakeholder database, by helping in the identification and mobilization of key-interlocutors
§ Creating, developing and maintaining a working contact with key officials in ASEAN
§ Establishing and maintaining key relationships within relevant departments and ministries of the governments of Indonesia and Timor-Leste, in particular with Foreign Affairs, Home Affairs, and Defence, in their dealings with multilateral matters
§ Responding to relevant Government, non government and third party consultations related to state matters pertaining to multilateral stakeholders which are of interest to ICRC
§ Liaising with the other ICRC departments, at Headquarters and in the delegations of the region, to follow-up the developments of regional issues or institutional events promoting the ICRC mandate and mission on a given context related to multilateral diplomatic objectives
§ Prioritising and helping to manage speaking invitations for ICRC staff and create external speaking opportunities at multilateral form, when needed. Identify additional profile raising opportunities and provide advice and ideas
§ Advising on, writing or editing addresses and presentations by ICRC staff at multilateral events
§ Liaising with the Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI), CVTL, other National Societies in the region and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies on their programs or on the Movement issues related to ASEAN, in cooperation with the delegations concerned
§ Assisting the Head of Regional Delegation and Diplomatic Adviser to draft analyses, general and specific objectives within the framework of the annual Planning for Results exercise.
§ Supervising the day-to-day management of the budget lines relevant to his/her activities, under different programs, reporting on business costs related to these programs and ensuring that all spending is done in accordance with the administrative rules of the ICRC. The Assistant Diplomatic Adviser establishes the monthly cash needs required to run his/her program
· Degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Law or Communication
· Previous experience or knowledge in international relations, human security, Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law
· Previous experience of working in an international organization
· Good relational skills to establish contacts, lobby and network at both the national and international levels
· Established working relations with international or regional organizations (preferably ASEAN), and/or NGOs
· Confirmed communication, presentation and organizational skills, and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and to react within short notice
· Flexibility and ability to work in teams as well as independently
· Demonstrated autonomy, motivation and commitment; ability to deliver within deadlines
· Computer literate, fluent in oral/written English and Bahasa Indonesia; other ASEAN languages and French will be considered an asset
· Ability and willingness to travel throughout Asia and the Pacific
What we offer
· Dynamic work environment within a reputable international organisation
· Salary in accordance with level of responsibility
Please clearly indicate "Assistant Diplomatic Adviser " on your application (which should include: letter of motivation, CV with photo and copies of relevant certificates, etc.) and submit it to the following e-mail address :email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving the applications is 15.03.2011