Arbeiter-Samariter- Bund-Deutschland e.V. (ASB) is a registered International Non-Governmental Organization. In Indonesia ASB provides a range of services throughout the country focusing on the most vulnerable population groups, such as people affected by natural disasters, as well as people with disabilities. Projects aim at generating livelihoods, building local capacities in the fields of disaster risk reduction and inclusive education, as well as providing emergency assistance in the case of natural disasters.
ASB is currently seeking expressions of interest from a qualified and committed individual to join our Finance Team in Yogyakarta :
Accountant/ Finance Officer
Starting Date : May 2009
Duration : 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Roles and Responsibilities
Accountant / Finance Officer will be responsible for:
· Managing all aspects of day to day operations of project and office accounting
· Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures, systems and accounting
· Ensure compliance with ASB procedures and guidelines. Assisting in ensuring donor’s regulation compliance
· Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up
· Review all expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness
· Review spreadsheets and financial reports across office
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for office
· Liaise with bank on all banking issues
· Undertake bank transactions and payments according to authorization by the Head of Office
and Finance Manager and managing the finance documentation
· Coordinate with relevant government departments and representatives to ensure ASB is
meeting Indonesian Government regulation including organizational project tax status and personnel tax status
· Act at all times in accordance with country law and standards of accounting
· Review, with the objective of gaining a clear understanding, budget guidelines and
· Assist on matters relating to payroll processing
1. Minimum Diploma (D3) in public/business administration, accounting, or other related
2. Minimum 5 years relevant work experience with previous experience in Finance and
Accounting is essential.
3. Knowledge of Indonesian Tax Law
4. Excellent written and spoken English and Indonesian essential.
5. Flexible, able to multi-task , able to work independently and work well in under pressure
as a team player in a multicultural environment
6. Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
7. Fully computer literate and proficient in Microsoft office
8. Experience in working in recognized international NGO an asset.
9. Willingness to travel and be flexible in the situation of emergency
Application letter and professional resume should be sent to hr_asbidn@yahoo. com or by mail to Human Resources, ASB, Jln Sukoharjo 136, Condong Catur, Yogyakarta, 55283 before April 17th,2010
Documents larger than 150kb will not be opened.
Due to urgent need, the organization may process immediately before the closing date.
Due to expected high response , only applicants selected for interview will be contacted