The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is working with the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) to implement the Integrated Program 'Building Safer and Resilient Communities in Indonesia' - A Community Based DRR/ ICBRR Initiative with key components Organizational Development/ Capacity Building and Resource Development) supported by CRC for PMI PUSAT/ National Head Quarters and Provinces - Lampung, Jambi, & West Sumatra.
Partnerships Senior Officer
Based in Jakarta (with travel to field locations as required)
Estimated start date: May 19, 2010
Summary of position:
Under the direction of the Country Representative (CR), the Partnership Senior Officer will be responsible for providing effective support to the delegation in the two main areas of
1. Partner and Stakeholder Relations (approximately 70%). The major focus of this part of the work will be on supporting the Country Representative and Delegation in ensuring effective management of relationships with Partners and Stakeholders (Indonesian Red Cross HQ and
Divisions, IFRC, ICRC, CIDA, relevant government of Indonesia departments, NGO's, Universities, etc).
2. Administrative Support to CR Office (approximately 30%): Emphasis for this area will be on scheduling of meetings with partners and various stakeholders, support to monitoring visits with partners, and events management and coordination.
The Partnership Sr. Officer will be required to work closely with the Program Coordinator and Program Manager positions in the Delegation.
1. Under the direction of the CR, support the development of a partnership approach;
2. In coordination with the CR and Program Coordinator and Program Manager, create database of key stakeholders to monitor Canadian Red Cross (CRC) actions and interactions with Partners and Stakeholders;
3. Ensure that information received from Partners and Stakeholders is kept current and accurate in the database;
4. Support the drafting of MoUs and different agreements as required. Ensure these documents are maintained by setting up a filing system;
5. Plan monthly and annual schedules of meetings, calls, correspondence, etc. with Partners and Stakeholders;
6. Under direction of the CR, represent CRC with Partners and Stakeholders at high levels;
7. Provide support to CRC delegation in the planning and management of proactive communications to Partners and Stakeholders;
8. Provide support to the Delegation in researching, analyzing and reporting on major activities and events related to CRC Indonesia country strategy and core activities, and make recommendations related to impact on or connection with CRC activities
9. Ensure all important and pertinent information related to Partners and Stakeholders is shared or disseminated within Delegations by means of information updates, debriefings, individual meetings, etc.;
10. Follow the developments locally, regionally and globally in the field of Humanitarian activities, Disaster Risk Reduction, Development, etc., and provide analysis and recommendations to the CR and/or Delegation on key issues, actors and leading expertise in these areas in Indonesia;
11. Liaise with government ministries, other NGOs and humanitarian agencies and represent the CRC on specific humanitarian issues relevant to CRC or the Red Cross /Red Crescent movement.
12. Develop informal and formal information- sharing and communications networks with Partners and Stakeholders;
13. Support the Country Representative in day-to-day administrative tasks such as scheduling and correspondence;
14. Carry out or arrange translations of documents and /or act as a translator, as required and take minutes of meetings.
15. Provide coordination, liaison and logistical support to monitoring visits from CRC in Ottawa, CIDA, DFAIT, etc.
* Respects and observes the staff regulations of the CRC in Indonesia.
* Respects and observes the Code of Conduct of the CRC in Indonesia.
* The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
* Relevant University Degree;
* Advanced demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia;
* Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point;
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Tact and diplomacy;
* Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work;
* Self starter with initiative to undertake work with minimal supervision;
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
* Minimum of 3 years work experience with the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement;
* Excellent skills and extensive experience in networking at different levels;
* Familiarity with key Partners and Stakeholders: PMI, IFRC, ICRC, PNS, relevant departments in GoI (immigration, BNPB, etc.), CIDA, DFAIT.
Please Note: Applications should be sent to crchr@redcross. ca quoting the Ref code JKT-Partner2010 as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb. Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered. Applications must be received by Thursday April 22nd, 2010. Canadian Red Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender,
religion, or political affiliations.