Muslim Aid is an international relief and development agency based in London with 21 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for disaster and conflict affected people across the globe. We are currently operating in more than 60 countries. In Indonesia our main programs include Flood mitigation, Shelter and Livelihoods with our Field Office based in Banda Aceh, and further sub-offices in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, and Padang.
Under Service Contract between Muslim Aid - International Organization for Migration (IOM) Yogyakarta to provide a high qualification Technical Support Staff to IOM Yogyakarta, Muslim Aid Yogyakarta is currently looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the following position:
Position title : Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Assistant
Duty Station : Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gross Salary : Rp. 2,100,000
Type of Contract:Special, 1 month (with possibility extension)
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager and the direct supervision of Training and Media Unit Field Supervisor and Capacity Building and Media Coordinator (CBMC), the Disaster Risk Reduction Assistantwill assist in the implementation of program activities related to the Java Reconstruction Fund (JRF)-funded livelihood project in Yogyakarta and Central Java. In particular, he/she will:
1. In coordination with Training and Media Unit Field Supervisor, assist IOM Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Taskforce (I-Mitigate) activities both in preparation, implementation and reporting for capacity building workshops and other taskforce’s activities
2. Assist Training and Media Unit Field Supervisor in DRR stakeholder relations and correspondence.
3. Assist in administration coordination in Training and Media Unit and also coordination between units
4. Assist Project Assistant in preparing, copying, and filling various forms related to programme
activities, in particularly market access & DRR related activities .
5. Assist in documents preparation related to payment process.
6. Assist Project Assistant in copying, filling and inputting data related to daily expenditures
7. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
· S1 degree in a relevant administration study, finance and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) or a combination of relevant education and professional experience.
· Extensive experiences in the field of administration, finance and DRR.
· Mastery of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power point) application.
· Detail oriented, excellent administrative and organizational skills.
· Previous experience in international and/or local NGO preferred.
· Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.Fluent in English both in written and spoken
Applicants should submit a cover letter and updated CV (including at least three references with contact information) as attachment to hrdmuslimaidyogya@ gmail.com quoting the position applied as the subject of the e-mail. Example : DRR Assistant, Subject must be:
[DRRA] Your Name. Applications must be submitted at the latest 3 (three) days after the vacancy published and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb. Muslim Aid gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, or religion.