FRENCH RED CROSS
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROGRAMME ASSISTANT
Position title : Programme Assistant
Reporting to : Head of Delegation
Position objective : Programme Assistant supports the internal and external communication of FRC delegation as well as FRC Programme team in maintaining a good management of the programme
Duration : 1 year
Location : Jakarta
Starting Day : 1 September 2010
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
The French Red Cross (FRC) is part of the global Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement and is present in Indonesia at the invitation of the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) since the 26 December 2004 tsunami in Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam and Nias Island. Since the very first days after the disaster, FRC has been active in supporting wide range activities on the rehabilitation of infrastructure and reconstruction of housing, school and health facilities.
In the field of long-term development, FRC has broadened its commitment to contribute to the efforts towards the reinforcement of disaster management capacity in Indonesia. As a part of the support, FRC trough its DM Program is now developing Emergency Operational Center (EOC) guidelines for the three EOC buildings that has been built in three provinces Bali, DI Yogyakarta and Jambi.
FRC is also developing another program to support PMI to implement Integrated Community Based Risk Reduction (ICBRR) Program in West Sumatera Province of Indonesia. The program will be started on September 2010.
Within this overall framework, FRC is currently seeking a Program Assistant to support both program and internal activities of FRC.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides support to the Programme team and Head of Delegation in document and correspondence preparation and follow-ups;
2. Assists the Programme Team in the organization of events and workshop as necessary;
3. Ensures translation and interpreting as needed;
4. Handles minute-taking of meeting and reports;
5. Manages FRC library (storage of incoming and outgoing letters, reference documents and programme documents).
6. Contributes to FRC regular reporting (weekly, monthly) and document publication
7. Under supervision of Head of Delegation and Program manager, supports the development of communication strategy for FRC delegation and programs as required
8. Performs any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Head of Delegation
Preferred university degree in relevant discipline (Public Relations, Law, Communication, marketing, etc.)
Experience producing written documentation for technical and non technical audiences; Experience working with Red Cross movement or International NGO is an advantage; International experience is an advantage
Excellent communication skills both in Bahasa and English, in oral and written; Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office; Ability to work in a diverse cultural context; Highly organized; Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
Please submit your application with reference "PA-65" to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 Aug'10.