SCALING UP FOR MOST-AT-RISK POPULATION II (SUM II) is a USAID funded program that will provide targeted assistance in organizational performance required to scale-up effective, integrated HIV/AIDS interventions that lead to substantial and measurable behavior change among Most-at Risk Populations (MARPs) in targeted locations in Indonesia. The project is managed by Training Resources Group, Inc. The organizational performance topics include accountability, administration, advocacy, finance, governance, knowledge management, leadership, management, monitoring and evaluation, networking, partnership, policy development, resource mobilization, strategic planning and transparency. SUM II will provide and monitor small grants to qualified civil society organizations to support the scale-up of integrated interventions in “hotspots” where there is a high concentration of one or more MARP and high-risk behavior is prevalent.
SUM II is currently seeking qualified individuals with experience in HIV/AIDS and Local stakeholders issues for following position:
Location : Surabaya Office
Report to : Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator
Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of SUM II Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator, the Accountant is responsible for managing financial transactions by the SUM II project for East Java Regional office, and to report on a monthly or regular basis to Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator. The Accountant is responsible for the accuracy of these transactions so as to ensure USAID compliance. The Accountant is to regularly assist the Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator to review the financial system to identify aspects that can be improved. Under this contract, the Accountant will be an employee of RTI under the SUM II project.
Detailed Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator, the specific duties and activities of this job are as follows:
1. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts including:
· Bank/account reconciliation
· Journal entries and general ledger operations
· Monthly financial reports
· Accurate and timely financial reports
· Financial data bases
· Scanning of all financial documents and maintenance of quality for reporting purposes
2. Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with USAID policies and procedures
3. Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
4. Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
5. Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
6. Execute petty cash and transactions and ensure its accuracy for reporting purposes
7. Prepare, record and maintain all Petty Cash disbursement vouchers
8. On regular basis, under direction of the Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator, review all incoming invoices
9. Assist the Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator reviewing regional office financial reports and their supporting documents
10. Assist the Finance and Administrative Officer and East Java Regional Coordinator with preparation and coordination of the audit process
11. Manage filing of financial and accounting records
12. Assist the preparation of monthly non-expendable inventory changes of SUM II project and conduct year-end physical office non-expendable inventory count
13. Manage and calculate for the support staff (drivers, assistant overtime, etc)
14. Perform other related finance and administrative tasks as required
S-1 degree in Accounting and has minimum two years of experience performing similar duties as an Accountant.
Have knowledge in accounting, finance, and administration. Experience in auditing will be preferable.
Good command of written and spoken Indonesian and English.
Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Experience in managing project/accounting/financial management. Experience in project financed by USAID is an advantage.
Good computer skills, including internet and email. Experience work with accounting software will be an advantage.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (including salary history) to email@example.com (with the position title in the subject line), by 5 pm, Friday, 1 October 2010. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.