The American Red Crosshelps vulnerable people around the world to prevent,
prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and
life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International
Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and works with PMI.
Following the completion of the Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) in June 2010,
American Red Cross is presently developing an Indonesia Recovery Program (IRP)
that will be implemented in three year time period from November 2010 – October
2013. The IRP Program will be focusing on four main areas: Water & Sanitation,
Health, Disaster Management, and Organizational Development.
Therefore, the American Red Cross is currently seeking the Watsan Coordinator (1
person) for the IRP Program to be based in Aceh with 12 months fixed term
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To coordinate the planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting &
evaluation of the ARC Water & Sanitation (Watsan) Project
* Integrate/harmonize the program with other ARC Health, DM and Organizational
Development programs at community and PMI levels.
Specific tasks include
· Ensuring the program is Accountability to Beneficiaries
· Responsibility for representing the program and External Coordination
· Managing a staff of 6
· Planning work
· Conducting monitoring, reporting and evaluation
· Managing project finances and ensuring compliance with transparency
· Ensuring quality of all work
This is a senior position with a high degree of independent work and management
required. For a more detailed job description please contact HR Department and
send email to email@example.com, and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications submitted after September 26th , 2010 will not be considered.