The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is implementing a major community-based
reconstruction and rehabilitation program with the primary focus on shelter
construction project in Aceh Besar, Lamno, Calang and Nias for beneficiaries
affected by Tsunami of December 26, 2004 and earthquake of March 28, 2007.
We are also implementing Livelihood, Environmental Health and Disaster
Preparedness Management programs to help families and communities to improve
their live quality. We are looking for qualified and committed candidates
to fill the following position:
Based: Banda Aceh
Standard Function Description:
Reporting to the Country Representative (CR), the Phase-Out Coordinator
will be responsible for coordinating and administering phase-out activities
associated with closure of Canadian Red Cross (CRC) operations in Nanggroe
Aceh Darussalam (NAD), including field offices in Lamno and Calang. This
position will act as a focal point for CRC in NAD to ensure an effective and
coordinated phase out process. Duties include monitoring the phase-out
schedule and application of lessons learned, facilitating adaptation of
plans as needed, ensuring good communication with the CR in Jakarta and
partners in NAD, and supporting documentation of good practices and success
* Ensure effective coordination of activities according to phase out
plan and ensure compliance with CRC, IFRC, donor and ethical standards.
* Monitor progress of phase-out activities in each management unit
and allocate resources in a timely and professional manner to support a
smooth process, paying close attention to implementing lessons learned.
* Ensure good coordination among units, and collaborate with managers
to resolve, in a participatory manner, issues associated with phase-out.
* Keep the CR informed of progress and issues, and engage the CR in
decisions that are of potential consequence or opportunity for CRC.
* Represent the CR locally in supporting coordination within the
Movement and act as a focal point for CRC in NAD in relationships with
Government and the communities as directed by CR.
* Seek opportunities and linkages associated with new programs and
continue to strengthen sustainable outcomes.
* Contribute to the development of final communications, including
documentation of lessons learned for phase-out and documentation of case
studies related to programming.
* Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities, including
written reports, as assigned by the CR.
* Respects and observes the staff regulations of the CRC in
* Respects and observes the Code of Conduct of the CRC in Indonesia.
* The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered
in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments
* Master Level of Education of related subject;
* At least 6 years of directly related experience;
* Advanced demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English and
Bahasa Indonesia. Ability to communicate in Acehnese an asset;
* Work experience in NAD required;
* Excellent program and people management skills;
* Proven effective problem solving skills;
* Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with a
range of stakeholders and provide leadership in challenging situations;
* Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point;
* Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate work;
* Self starter with initiative to undertake work with minimal
* Experience in the Red Cross Movement required.
Please Notice: Applications should be sent to recruitment. id@redcross. ca
quoting the Ref code as the subject of the e-mail and indicating the Job
title on the covering letter and the attachment should not exceed 200 Kb.
Only candidate meeting the Essential Qualifications will be considered.
Applications must be received by Friday, October 12, 2009. Canadian Red
Cross gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender,
religion, or political affiliations.